New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · scan or photograph?

Tim Ashton
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · scan or photograph?

some pics from the past with negs packed well away, to the point it would,could take weeks to locate so I had the prints scanned at a "pro" lab? results extremely pixilated so a friend introduced me to a third party who photographed the pics, saying it was a more accurate process than scanning

100% views still show serious pixilation and on top of that his exif along with his copyright comes up??

The attached was a 20x20 inch crop taken from a print made from Velvia 64 some 20 years ago. Not only shows pixelation if I try to "blow it up" to match the original it lacks the impact of the original.

so guys, what do I ask for if I want files to match the originals

Thanks

Tim

Henrietta aged 2 1/2. her elder sisters were taking far too long bringing her ice cream. FE2 w 85 f/2.8 wide open shot on Velvia 64

Aug 07, 2012 at 01:32 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · scan or photograph?

If this is the reproduction and a crop I would be satisfied with the result. I have been copying 35 year old slides with my Nikon D 80 and am not getting this good of results. The Ektachromes have faded and shifted in color. Your picture looks far better than mine.

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:02 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.