Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

photomandave
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Hello

Its been a long time since I have posted anything as well as looking at all the incredible photography on the site. I have been busy with work (art shows- 18K miles logged already this year). I do get out to shoot in between shows while on the road during the week. Last fall I got a chance to spend some time in Zion and came away with this image of the Towers of the Virgin. Its a four shot panoramic stitched together in Photoshop CS4.

Enjoy

David

Aug 06, 2012 at 10:45 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Hey Dave,

This is pretty nice, you captured the moon in this nicely, like the colors in the clouds.

Jim

Aug 07, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Todd
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

The shot is really beautiful. I really like the warmth you captured here, the composition is awesome as well.

Todd

Aug 07, 2012 at 12:26 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Very nice Dave

Morris

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:17 AM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Well done David, beautifully captured!

Mike

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:20 AM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Very nice shot. I love the colors of the mountain faces and the moon is the cherry on top of it, almost literally!!

I am planning to visit Zion later this year and am currently reading all I can about it. Where is this image shot from?

Thank you.

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:18 AM
Mitchell Derr
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Beautiful. What a nice shot. Love this. Good work.

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:39 AM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

David: I like the balance of the lighting in this one. Not easy to do if there's any direct light on the mountains, I would expect. You picked a great time to get the shot, and the beautiful color in the clouds is an excellent addition. Very nice.

Dave

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:54 AM
photomandave
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Right behind the Zion Museum. The Towers of the Virgin is a classic shot.

AMaji wrote:
Very nice shot. I love the colors of the mountain faces and the moon is the cherry on top of it, almost literally!!

I am planning to visit Zion later this year and am currently reading all I can about it. Where is this image shot from?

Thank you.

Aug 07, 2012 at 10:28 AM
another_mikey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

Well, I can tell you are busy, but based on this shot, you REALLY need to get out and shoot more if this is any indication

Love the shot. The colors are great, and this is a little thing, but nice to see that you didn't feel compelled to try to put the moon in with a lower exposure - seeing it in this way looks much more natural in the context of the rest of the fantastic image. Had a planned trip to all 5 NPs in UT cut short on our first full day in Arches when my wife broke her ankle. Here is more incentive to get back there and try again soon. Thanks for sharing a magical capture!

ML

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:13 PM
photomandave
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Towers of the Virgin Moonset

another_mikey wrote:
Well, I can tell you are busy, but based on this shot, you REALLY need to get out and shoot more if this is any indication

Love the shot. The colors are great, and this is a little thing, but nice to see that you didn't feel compelled to try to put the moon in with a lower exposure - seeing it in this way looks much more natural in the context of the rest of the fantastic image. Had a planned trip to all 5 NPs in UT cut short on our first full day in Arches when
...Show more

I really would love to get out and shoot more. Unfortunately doing 30 art shows nationwide consumes a lot of my time. I am at the end of a six show run after this weekend. I am going to Glacier for 10 days to take a close friend of mine who has never been. We'll see what I can come away with from this trip!!

David

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:46 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.