Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · from 1ds2 & 1dmk2n to the 5d3?

fixedgearmike
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · from 1ds2 & 1dmk2n to the 5d3?

thinking of selling both my old bodies and upgrading to the 5d3.... I tried a 5d2 and hated the feel and focus, but a quick play with a 3 in a local store and it seems much better.

Anyone done the same and regretted it? I do some sports (nothing serious, just horses for the family) but am doing more and more fashion and wedding stuff. Having useable ISO over 1200 would be awesome but will I miss the feel of the 1d images?

Aug 06, 2012 at 07:54 AM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · from 1ds2 & 1dmk2n to the 5d3?

I just sold my 5D II and 1D IIn last week and purchased a 5D III. I will shoot my daughters softball games next weekend and I am wondering this myself. I did purchase the grip as the 5D III actually feels smaller to me than the 5D II, must just be the more rounded shape? I can't imagine how it would feel without the grip and my 70-200 attached. Technical wise there is just no comparison. I am a technology geek and just love all the new bells and whistles. The AF though on the 5D III is fantastic and I believe better than the IIn. I actually sold a 7D and kept the IIn because I liked its AF so much better for sports.

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:30 AM
fixedgearmike
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · from 1ds2 & 1dmk2n to the 5d3?

what the hell, I can't spend it when I'm gone - I've just pulled the trigger on a 5d3. If anyone in the UK wants a 1ds2 or 1d2n...

Aug 08, 2012 at 06:50 AM
3catsinky
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · from 1ds2 & 1dmk2n to the 5d3?

you won't regret it. I still miss my 1ds2 though. Get the grip for the 5d3, you'll appreciate the beefier feel it adds.

Aug 08, 2012 at 06:58 AM
fixedgearmike
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · from 1ds2 & 1dmk2n to the 5d3?

yep, ordered one of them too (not canon, one of the 100 dollar copies on amazon..)

edit to ask - what do you miss about the 1ds2?

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:27 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.