FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · 1D-X ISO 8000 - easy :D

Monito
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 1D-X ISO 8000 - easy :D

Fr3d wrote:
I am more impressed by the fact that looking at high iso images is still preferred to looking at great pictures ... i'd much rather like to see those.

Is that a veiled unsolicited critique of the OP's photo? Perhaps the OP held back the best photos from the set since any one from the session would illustrate the high ISO point, but I don't know and I don't make any assertion about the photo posted other than technical issues.

Your 'conclusion' stated in your first sentence cannot be inferred from this thread.

Aug 07, 2012 at 01:04 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 1D-X ISO 8000 - easy :D

Ralph Conway wrote:
I guess, it was done using AF, Matt. Right?

Ralph

Correct Ralph, AF was used.

Regarding the scene, this was in a barn with the only light coming from each of the far end doors. Lens used was the new EF 70-300 L IS handheld. F/5.6 was the result of both the zoom selected (lens is 4.0-5.6) and the desire to keep the daughter somewhat in focus while concentrating the focus point on the horse. At 100% the daughter is OOF but the photo looks fine viewed at normal level. In retrospect, probably should have pushed the limits a bit more and used f/8 - still used to older and less performing equipment. Guess it's time to reset to a new paradigm.

Trying to understand the pure performance of the 1D-X at high ISO maybe a desire by some, but in this case, was simply using higher ISO to get the best shot given the circumstance at hand. Neither my MK IV or 5DII would have provided output as good. Still more to learn about this new beast, but I am certainly liking what I've seen so far.

Regards,
Matt

Aug 07, 2012 at 01:30 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 1D-X ISO 8000 - easy :D

Mike Mahoney wrote:
The scene is well lit from both sides with no real shadows .. so I'm really not that impressed with this ISO 8000 sample .. even at 100%. To be honest that scene should and could have easily been shot at ISO 400. Your settings were 1/200 at 5.6 which is fairly bright.

Show me some 1/30 at 2.0 at ISO 8000 shadows that need pushing in post if you want to impress me

Yep, this.

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:08 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.