New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Rubber grip gripe

Fstr.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rubber grip gripe

I was informed that Nikon will no longer sell you the rubber grips you will need when the originals start to peel off. This means that your camera will have to go in to an authorized repair center to have them replaced. I have been quoted prices from $72 to over $100 for a cf door. I wish there was an aftermarket supplier for these things as I cannot see sending a camera in and possibly being without it for a length of time for something this small. Anyone heard anything?

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:51 AM
kentvinyard
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rubber grip gripe

Maybe they didn't like you. I called a couple of weeks ago and asked about the rubber thumb rest for a D700. They sent it to me free of charge.

Aug 03, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Fstr.
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rubber grip gripe

That is one for the books Give em another call and see if they are still that "charitable."

Aug 03, 2012 at 01:59 PM
subidiom
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rubber grip gripe

Fstr. wrote:
I was informed that Nikon will no longer sell you the rubber grips

Informed by who? I just in the last week received a complete set of replacement grips (left, right & rear) for my D700 from Nikon. Was about $50 shipped. No fuss whatsoever.

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:56 PM
Zebrabot
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rubber grip gripe

it's possible there's different stories depending on who you talk to at nikon. I've only ordered parts by calling some weird phone number in california. That cuts out and confused call center people.

Aug 03, 2012 at 05:21 PM
saelee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rubber grip gripe

You can buy it from ebay and do it yourself.

That was what I did.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-D700-REAR-RUBBER-UNIT-NEW-ORIGINAL-REPAIR-PART-/390164352345?pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item5ad79b8d59

It seems like the price went up, I bough it for $12 about 2 months ago, now it has double. But still a lot cheaper than paying someone to put on a piece of rubber for you.

Aug 03, 2012 at 05:29 PM
Fstr.
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rubber grip gripe

I will check it out, seems like Nikon has a different story every time I call, thanks guys for the info. I have done it in the past for my D2x, need one for my D3 now.

Aug 03, 2012 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.