New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Bristol

deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bristol

Bristol was with a friend, waiting in front of an Italian restaurant. After I introduced myself, she graciously allowed a photograph.

Bob
http://www.deinfaces.com/

Aug 02, 2012 at 06:27 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bristol

The hair at her mouth and strand going through her left eye are distracting, otherwise, I think the crop may be too tight, and teeth over-whitened to lose detail. Her eyes are nicely focused on.
Douglas

Aug 02, 2012 at 06:31 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bristol

douter wrote:
The hair at her mouth is distracting, otherwise, I think the crop may be too tight and teeth over-whitened to lose detail.
Douglas

Agree. Also, since there is no background, don't go out of your way to blur it. If her hair was also in focus, that would show well in the photo.

Aug 02, 2012 at 06:33 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bristol

Thank you, Douglas and Jim, for your observations. FWIW, I didn't brighten the teeth.

Bob

Aug 02, 2012 at 07:03 AM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bristol

Hi Bob,

I noted your cropping on another shot like this one. In this one, it seems like she is too far right in the frame.

Aug 02, 2012 at 08:41 AM
jdevarie
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bristol

I love the simplicity of the image you captured a very natural expression. I like ho the conversion looks and Im not bothered by the cop. Thanks for sharing.
Jim

Aug 02, 2012 at 08:58 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bristol

Thank you, David $& jdevarie.

Bob

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:19 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bristol

She's a cutie with those freckles! I'm a sucker for freckle faced girls, I guess that's why a married a lass of Irish descent.

The hair in her mouth can be easily cloned. I like tight framing, this doesn't bother me. I do wish on such a tight shot that the tip of her nose was a little sharper. I find when I move in close, I have to stop down a stop or so.

Aug 02, 2012 at 04:43 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bristol

I have had the day to think about these comments, and they are very helpful. I like atypical square crops, and now I realize that they fall into two categories: close, and VERY close. Bristol is VERY close. On the close crops, f2.8 works well to blur the background. For VERY close, I might as well stop down to f4 or 5.6, as there isn't much background anyway, and the tip of the nose will come into focus.

I started posting in this forum about two weeks ago. This is a great community. Thanks.

Bob
http://www.deinfaces.com/

Aug 02, 2012 at 06:11 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.