Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 500mm F4.5 non is

Item Pending

Price: $3,100.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: UPS insured - buyer splits cost

PRICE DROPPED TO $3100.00 If it doesn't sell at this price, it goes to ebay One in much worse shape than mine sold for close to this price...

I am the second owner of this lens. I purchased it from Craig's list 2 years ago, and it has seldom left my 7D since. The original owner is a pro from my area who sez he only had it out of the trunk twice in the 15 years he owned it. One of those times resulted in some scrapes to the bottom of the foot. Other than that, it looked new when I bought it.

I have it MA'ed at + 13, so I strongly recommend that you not buy this lens unless you have a body that can micro adjust.

INCLUDED: Lens, hood, front and rear caps, trunk, (no keys), instruction manual, and warranty card. I will also include a Don Zeck lens cap.

PRICE: $3500 + 1/2 of the shipping via UPS ground with insurance.

ITEM CONDITION: Lens 9+, hood 8

SHIPPING: Lens will be packaged by UPS. Cost of packing, shipping, and insurance is approximately $112 from east coast to west coast, and approximately $97 from central VA to Boston. YMMV

METHOD OF PAYMENT: Paypal preferred verified only, and I will split the cost. Also acceptable will be USPS money orders, and I will take to the post office to verify authenticity before shipping. If you have many great feedbacks, and lots of posts on FM, I may be willing to take a check, but I will hold the lens until check has cleared minimum 10 days.

These photos are unedited except for resizing and a little "recovery" and " fill light". Larger images plus shots with the lens are available on my flickr page - link below. EDIT TO ADD PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE "WWW" LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST. Look at the shots below the shots of the lens. The shots above are from the 500 F4 II.

There are some marks on the hood, but the barrel and glass are essentially clean - no dings on the body other than the foot.

Edited on Sep 09, 2012 at 12:58 AM · View previous versions

Jul 31, 2012 at 09:52 PM
john paskey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

interested, pmed and i must be blind but i don't see the flicker account where the pictures taken by the lens are located

Aug 05, 2012 at 01:31 AM
Jimmy Glynn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

You have to click the "www" button that is two buttons to the right of the PM button.

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:16 AM
herbertgzb
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

john paskey wrote:
interested, pmed and i must be blind but i don't see the flicker account where the pictures taken by the lens are located

Trust me, if you haven't used this lens or haven't tried many superteles:
This lens is arguably THE best lens for birds, considering IQ, focus speed, portability as a whole, if you are not working against light. The best part of it is that it's almost handholdable. The next in line is its brother the 500 f4 IS, which is 2 lbs heavier -- but for me, this 2 lbs makes a diffrence.
You expect everything else from a supertele, plus the portability. Think about it.

Aug 06, 2012 at 02:27 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

herbertgzb wrote:
Trust me, if you haven't used this lens or haven't tried many superteles:
This lens is arguably THE best lens for birds, considering IQ, focus speed, portability as a whole, if you are not working against light. The best part of it is that it's almost handholdable. The next in line is its brother the 500 f4 IS, which is 2 lbs heavier -- but for me, this 2 lbs makes a diffrence.
You expect everything else from a supertele, plus the portability. Think about it.

Thanx Herbert - your check is in the mail... ~ Ron

Aug 06, 2012 at 03:07 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

Oh no, not eBay.

GLWYS

Tony

Aug 12, 2012 at 08:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

What Herb said. This is a really nice looking copy of the lens, GLWS Ron!!

(check my gear list, I have owned one of these for a few years now )

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Jude Perera
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · FS: Sold: Canon 500mm f4.5 NON IS - LAST PRICE DROP

Hey Ron, can I pay you monthly.

Good luck buddy for your sale.

Jude

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •