New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sports photography?

01Ryan10
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sports photography?

I'm looking to start doing it and wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm guessing there are a lot of parents that are willing to pay a fee for someone to shoot their kid playing their respective sport for an hour. I know a lot of parents now have DSLRs, but there are still a lot that don't.

Any advice?

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:52 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sports photography?

The 'sports corner' here on FM will have tons of experienced folks that will give advice if asked.

I've done some youth baseball and softball things and sold some prints a few years ago - but most organized leagues have designated studios that roam the grounds and sell photos. It's a tough nut to crack - and lot's of folks have been there, done that, and moved on.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:55 PM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sports photography?

Sorry about the wrong forum. Didn't think about putting into "Sports Corner." Hopefully a mod can move to it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:59 PM
alexisgc33
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sports photography?

01Ryan10 wrote:
I'm looking to start doing it and wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm guessing there are a lot of parents that are willing to pay a fee for someone to shoot their kid playing their respective sport for an hour. I know a lot of parents now have DSLRs, but there are still a lot that don't.

Any advice?

Just an FYI, not trying to bust your bubble, but most parents rather pay 3K+ for their own SLR, lens and take their own pics then hire a skilled photographer and pay them a few bucks for pictures. You're gonna have to do your research and find the right clients. Not impossible but hard... good luck!

-Alexis

Jul 30, 2012 at 05:03 PM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sports photography?

Develop a style that sells.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.