New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Struggling with Creativity

Don Toothaker

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Struggling with Creativity

Posted a blog today with an accompanying image that opens discussion
about creativity and personal vision. Hope some people read and enjoy!

http://nephotoworkshops.com/blog/

Jul 27, 2012 at 07:09 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Struggling with Creativity

It's really more about experience than just hoping you can pull off a few shots. Creativity can work either like Adam's pre-visualization process of static subjects, or on-the-spot awareness of something happening in the moment or about to happen. Pick a topic and become intimate with it. Have an idea how you will interpret your image through your camera and Photoshop. I think you might be rushing yourself on your "struggles". It takes lots of years of SEEING and visualizing to finally get in the groove with what you want to accomplish. Personal photography is the best way to find your passion. You can shoot a million great weddings and still feel unfulfilled if the process doesn't inspire you. Of all the assignments I had over the years it wasn't until I understood what I really liked to shoot that I felt good about my creativity. A few examples are on my Flickr website.

Jul 28, 2012 at 08:24 AM
Don Toothaker

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Struggling with Creativity

I appreciate the feedback and conversation borderlight. My whole point is just that in my blog... be intimate with ALL of your subjects. The more you know about what you are shooting, and the more you know about YOUR feelings toward and about it, the greater opportunity you give yourself to make memorable images. Experience leads to many things but, creativity comes from within... period. I have been shooting many subjects for a long time now but, too often I dont push myself to think outside the box... I dont push my emotions or my creativity. I am happy with what I do but, I know there is much more in the well.....
thanks for dropping in!

Jul 28, 2012 at 09:04 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Struggling with Creativity

too often I dont push myself to think outside the box.

Stay within one box and give yourself time to think outside of it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 07:39 AM
Bert DeMars
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Struggling with Creativity

Saw this post in three different FM forums so far, do you intend to post it in all of them.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Struggling with Creativity

Bert DeMars wrote:
Saw this post in three different FM forums so far, do you intend to post it in all of them.

Amateur blog whores need the exposure...so we ALL suffer, Bert.

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:35 AM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Struggling with Creativity

Funny!

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.