New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Not really feeling the love of Liquify in CS6

John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Not really feeling the love of Liquify in CS6

I find 75% of the flow here has some traces of liquify in it. I have never really seen a issue with the filter and really never had issue with it. With the advent of CS6, there has been a lot of emphasis placed on the 'new & improved' re-write of this... But, I'm not really feeling the love from the changes.

Yes, it is some what more responsive... Or something. I don't want to actually call it responsive. It's more a term I can really describe. But I don't care for it. I liked the smudgy feeling of CS5 better than this..

Just wondering your thoughts and if you've found the same thing. Maybe you have found setting s that work better for you in CS6 I'm not aware of here.

Jul 22, 2012 at 07:48 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Not really feeling the love of Liquify in CS6

It's as if Adobe assumed that speed was the ONLY criteria that mattered. The new Liquefy is much faster, sort of. Until you try and zoom into the image while in the Liquefy interface and you find a super slow, halting zoom which seems to take forever. And when you do finally get to your requested zoom, you're now confronted with a pixelated mess that makes it very hard to do any fine detail work. The only feature that seems to be improved in this tool is that you now have a larger brush available. This is another fine example of change for change's sake with too much emphasis on the wrong thing (speed) and too little regard for actually using the damned thing. Unfortunately, these are exactly the kind of changes you should come to expect from a company who is on a corporate schedule to release new product whether or not the developers have a completed one ready or the consumers really need it.

Jul 22, 2012 at 09:50 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Not really feeling the love of Liquify in CS6

i love it. It's one of the few things in CS6 that I think is truly an improvement. If you're not seeing a huge boost maybe you need a GA video card?

Jul 22, 2012 at 08:27 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Not really feeling the love of Liquify in CS6

I'm really happy the brush sizing so huge for high res images!

Jul 22, 2012 at 09:25 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Not really feeling the love of Liquify in CS6

Resizing with in the tool might take 1/10th of a second if that, if yours is slower you might check if your open gl is working properly. Rendering the filter is now instantaneous.

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.