Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              68      
69
       70              250       251       end
  

OM-D & PEN Images
  
 
bigkidneys
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #1 · OM-D & PEN Images


I really need to stop looking through these threads after I have sold things off. Just picked up another EM-5, grip, 45, and 75. Well, at least this body is all black so at least that was different. Hell, one of the lenses I just sold hasn't even made it to the buyer yet and I've already bought another! Something is seriously wrong with me. If I spent half the time trying to shoot rather than exercising GAS, I'd probly be a decent photographer


Nov 24, 2012 at 02:46 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #2 · OM-D & PEN Images


Michael - Love them both but I am partial to the landscape (more my comfort level as well)!

Bored - and very cold outside, I decided to play with a couple of Zeiss ZE lenses on my OM-D. One with the 15mm Distagon, the other with the 100mm Makro-Planar. Nothing special but showing a few of my favorite things!



Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    1/40s    12800 ISO    +1.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    1/100s    5000 ISO    +1.0 EV  




Nov 24, 2012 at 02:46 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #3 · OM-D & PEN Images


bigkidneys wrote:
I really need to stop looking through these threads after I have sold things off. Just picked up another EM-5, grip, 45, and 75. Well, at least this body is all black so at least that was different. Hell, one of the lenses I just sold hasn't even made it to the buyer yet and I've already bought another! Something is seriously wrong with me. If I spent half the time trying to shoot rather than exercising GAS, I'd probly be a decent photographer


I hear you and I know exactly how you feel. I sold my Sony NEX gear including legacy lenses, bought the OM-D and had three lenses in a matter of a week. I this it's surely some disease . . .



Nov 24, 2012 at 02:49 AM
kewlcanon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.69 #4 · OM-D & PEN Images


Goodbye OM-D....hello E-PL5


Nov 24, 2012 at 02:54 AM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #5 · OM-D & PEN Images


rji2goleez wrote:
...I hear you and I know exactly how you feel. I sold my Sony NEX gear including legacy lenses, bought the OM-D and had three lenses in a matter of a week. I this it's surely some disease . . .


Its true. Finally made myself sell my NEX gear.

Found this cool old Dodge ?pick-up in the woods (I'm no car buff)....

PL 25 1.4


















PL14 2.5....







Nov 24, 2012 at 02:58 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #6 · OM-D & PEN Images


^ Way cool. Love them all!


Nov 24, 2012 at 03:00 AM
WT21
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.69 #7 · OM-D & PEN Images


michael49 wrote:
Its true. Finally made myself sell my NEX gear.

Found this cool old Dodge ?pick-up in the woods (I'm no car buff)....

PL14 2.5....
http://brownphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Autumn-12/i-s2DCMqj/0/XL/PB230029-12-XL.jpg


Hey! I think that's the P14 I sold you! I missed that lens so much, I'm buying another one back, lol.



Nov 24, 2012 at 03:28 AM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #8 · OM-D & PEN Images


Great shots Bob and Michael!


Nov 24, 2012 at 05:35 AM
juan_amores
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #9 · OM-D & PEN Images


Two more with the 12-50






Nov 24, 2012 at 09:28 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #10 · OM-D & PEN Images


Juan - Beautiful BW. Love the soft toning of these.

I was playing with both my canon and OM-D last night. Unfortunately I blew out some highlights on this one but I like the streaking clouds.



Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/8.0    60s    200 ISO    +1.0 EV  




Nov 24, 2012 at 02:40 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Wilbus
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #11 · OM-D & PEN Images


Thanks all :-)

bigkidneys wrote:
^^^^ Love it Wilbus! What triggers are you using if any?


Bigkidneys, I actually only used the small olympus flash as a trigger, the Nikon SB-900 and SB-800 (aswell as their other high end models) have the capability to trigger via a normal flash. While I was using Nikon I used either Nikon CLS system or Pocket Wizard Mini's to trigger the flashes but unfortunately those don't work with the Olympus, even as dumb triggers so I am considering getting a pair of normal pocket wizards to trigger with instead, I think they should work on the Olympus as well.

Btw, anybody wanna buy a pair of PW's Mini for Nikon? :-P



Nov 24, 2012 at 02:56 PM
bigkidneys
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #12 · OM-D & PEN Images


I thought you may have done that. I was a Canon guy and didn't have that option and I really want to start experimenting with flash.


Nov 24, 2012 at 05:41 PM
Wilbus
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #13 · OM-D & PEN Images


Oh I thought canon had that option as well! Didn't they even have it in their high-end 580 series? Do you have any flashes from Canon left?

Off camera flash is amazingly fun, and frustrating some times when one doesn't succeed in getting the pictures one is after.

There are a few different options to go for, if you still have other types of flashes such as a canon one you can buy a small hot shot type of trigger that you connect to the flashes bottom (same way as the flash would go on the camera), it enables to flash to be triggered via flash impulses.

Other options may be radio triggers, there are those that pretty much work with any flash and camera combination I believe.

Or you can buy third party dumb flashes with the same sort of trigger control.



Nov 24, 2012 at 06:45 PM
jstephens62
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #14 · OM-D & PEN Images


I just picked up the FL-300R Olympus flash to use the the OM-D. I thought about using a full-sized unit, but I wanted to keep it light and simple which fits better with the micro 4/3rds style of shooting. It triggers remotely using the kit flash, and it can hinge upwards to bounce off of ceilings when used on-camera. It doesn't have a lot of power, but I think it will work just fine for what I need. I got one used off of E-bay for just around $100.


Nov 24, 2012 at 07:55 PM
bigkidneys
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #15 · OM-D & PEN Images


I had the 5D2 which didn't have an onboard flash and the body doesn't have the commander feature like the Nikons. Go rid of everything Canon. I had the 580 II ex flash.


Nov 24, 2012 at 09:42 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #16 · OM-D & PEN Images


rji2goleez wrote:
^ Way cool. Love them all!


Thanks.


WT21 wrote:
...

Hey! I think that's the P14 I sold you! I missed that lens so much, I'm buying another one back, lol.


Sure is!

Amazing how good and tiny the PL and Oly m4/3 lenses are - they put much of my Canon glass to shame.



Nov 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #17 · OM-D & PEN Images


Time to walk the dog, time to bring the camera! We had a dusting of snow two days ago and it's still here. I guess winter is coming early!



Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/2.8    1/320s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/1.8    1/125s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/2.8    1/250s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/1.4    1/1000s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  




Nov 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #18 · OM-D & PEN Images


jstephens62 wrote:
I just picked up the FL-300R Olympus flash to use the the OM-D. I thought about using a full-sized unit, but I wanted to keep it light and simple which fits better with the micro 4/3rds style of shooting. It triggers remotely using the kit flash, and it can hinge upwards to bounce off of ceilings when used on-camera. It doesn't have a lot of power, but I think it will work just fine for what I need. I got one used off of E-bay for just around $100.


Still trying to decide between this or the 600R myself.



Nov 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #19 · OM-D & PEN Images


rji2goleez wrote:
Time to walk the dog, time to bring the camera! We had a dusting of snow two days ago and it's still here. I guess winter is coming early!

Love the last one Bob.



Nov 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #20 · OM-D & PEN Images


Oly 60mm macro just arrived yesterday. I've heard people describe this lens as "large and heavy" - you've got to be kidding me. Its slightly longer than my other m4/3 lenses, but its still tiny! Its quite thin, and weighs about half of my Canon 60mm f/2.8 macro (335 gm for the Canon, 185 gm for the Oly). And I used to think that the Canon was small.

The only negative that I've noticed so far is that the IBIS does not seem as effective at very close distances as it is with longer subject distances, but I'm not surprised by this in the least.

One of my first images with it, f/3.5...(birch close-up)....



Nov 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1       2       3              68      
69
       70              250       251       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              68      
69
       70              250       251       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password