Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              57      
58
       59              270       271       end
  

OM-D & PEN Images
  
 
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #1 · p.58 #1 · OM-D & PEN Images


Correct - if there *IS* a performance hit, I haven't seen it or read about it.




Nov 11, 2012 at 01:07 AM
Kingfishphoto
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #2 · p.58 #2 · OM-D & PEN Images


Three recents with the Oly Art filters, using the Lumix 14/42 lens, in WV.
Harry Palmer





New Tygart Flyer, Elkins, WV.

  E-M5     LUMIX G VARIO 14-42/F3.5-5.6 lens    42mm    f/11.0    1/500s    200 ISO    -0.5 EV  







Mail Pouch barn .

  E-M5     LUMIX G VARIO 14-42/F3.5-5.6 lens    20mm    f/6.7    1/125s    200 ISO    -0.5 EV  







1940 Bantum auto.

  E-M5     LUMIX G VARIO 14-42/F3.5-5.6 lens    14mm    f/4.0    1/60s    200 ISO    -1.0 EV  




Nov 11, 2012 at 02:23 AM
surf monkey
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #3 · p.58 #3 · OM-D & PEN Images


surf monkey wrote:
So have most OM-D users upgraded from the 20f1.7 to the 25f1.4?

The 20f1.7 seemed to be first good prime, so I assume their were many early MFT users.
Now I see so many photos on this thread using the 25f1.4.
Is it that much better? Is it the DOF, AF speed, bokeh?

Makten wrote:
I did, but recently got the 20/1.7 again for its nicer AOV and smaller size.
Everything is a little bit better with the 25/1.4, so overall it's preferable. But it's much larger, especially with the hood on, and of course narrower.
The worst thing with the 20 is the terribly slow and inaccurate AF. Sometimes it just hunts for five seconds without finding anyting, even in good light.


Thanks Makten,
That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I typically like the 35/40 mm focal length (35mm equivalent) better for "general" use, but I might try the 25. I just a beginner with the OM-D and 20/1.7, so I'm just starting to notice the AF issues with the 20.
I've also noticed that it doesn't like shooting toward the sun.



Nov 11, 2012 at 02:37 AM
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #4 · p.58 #4 · OM-D & PEN Images


I could see owning both, really - the 20 is a nice FOV and pocketable, the 25 is faster in aperture and AF, and they seem to render a bit differently.

Two from the 7.5mm Rok, then a "toned" photo (which is really just flare across a Minolta 58 1.4) then the Pany 100-300


Leaf in world by J L Smith, on Flickr


MonoForest by J L Smith, on Flickr


Auto_Toned by J L Smith, on Flickr


Leaf by J L Smith, on Flickr



Nov 11, 2012 at 02:48 AM
alkanphel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #5 · p.58 #5 · OM-D & PEN Images


Monochrome conversion, shot with the PL25


Head by alkanphel, on Flickr



Nov 11, 2012 at 06:58 AM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #6 · p.58 #6 · OM-D & PEN Images


Makten wrote:
I did, but recently got the 20/1.7 again for its nicer AOV and smaller size.

Everything is a little bit better with the 25/1.4, so overall it's preferable. But it's much larger, especially with the hood on, and of course narrower.
The worst thing with the 20 is the terribly slow and inaccurate AF. Sometimes it just hunts for five seconds without finding anyting, even in good light.


I'm always surprised to hear people complain about the 20's AF - I've never had an issue with it. I often take shots like this hiking at large apertures and a large majority are in focus......

F/2...







Edited on Nov 11, 2012 at 01:13 PM · View previous versions



Nov 11, 2012 at 01:08 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #7 · p.58 #7 · OM-D & PEN Images


juju1958 wrote:
many outstanding images yet again from everyone. Out trying different things toaday. often it can be a good idea to post even if you are not convinced. Next time you look in on them there can sometimes be a bit more clarity as to what you have posted. Good or not so good.
kr


Love the first one especially.



Nov 11, 2012 at 01:11 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #8 · p.58 #8 · OM-D & PEN Images


cputeq wrote:
Two from the 7.5mm Rok, then a "toned" photo (which is really just flare across a Minolta 58 1.4) then the Pany 100-300



I keep thinking about picking up the 7.5 Rok- would love to see more.



Nov 11, 2012 at 01:15 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #9 · p.58 #9 · OM-D & PEN Images


A few from a hike yesterday....

45 1.8...












20 1.7...






14 2.5..
(these old stone walls are ubiquitous in rural New England and often seem to wind on endlessly in the middle of nowhere)....






I was impressed at the ability of the 14 to focus on the branches in the foreground here....






25 1.4....













Nov 11, 2012 at 02:16 PM
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #10 · p.58 #10 · OM-D & PEN Images


michael49 wrote:
I keep thinking about picking up the 7.5 Rok- would love to see more.



I highly recommend it. Great lens, small, easy to correct if you really want to (I use Fisheye Hemi's "cropped" profile in Photoshop, which doesn't make it architecturally good but can defish it a lot.. but you can get away with the Sigma 10mm FE profile in LR4 if you want to correct it there). I typically don't correct it.

My thought was at $300-ish having a small, UWA is a no-brainer, even if it's not AF. If I really don't want the FE look it's pretty easy to get rid of (unless again you're shooting for perfectly straight lines).

(some of these might be reposts!) All with the Rok 7.5mm


Kids in Vicksburg War Museum by J L Smith, on Flickr

^The monument is circular, so this shot is uncorrected. The white disk at the top is the very top of the open roof


Columns in Vicksburg by J L Smith, on Flickr

^That shot is corrected via Fisheye Hemi.



Lot of ocean by J L Smith, on Flickr

^ I had to clone my shadow out of this shot - massive FOV with the lens.


P1020092 by J L Smith, on Flickr

^Cropped a bit from the left for composition.


I'll be moving to Albuquerque NM this coming Feb, so hopefully I'll be able to put it to much more use in the landscape department.



Nov 11, 2012 at 02:41 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



juju1958
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #11 · p.58 #11 · OM-D & PEN Images


Interesting lens the Roker .I can imagine having a lot of fun with it.

.


Edited on Dec 13, 2012 at 06:03 PM · View previous versions



Nov 11, 2012 at 08:14 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #12 · p.58 #12 · OM-D & PEN Images


cputeq wrote:
....
I highly recommend it. Great lens, small, easy to correct if you really want to (I use Fisheye Hemi's "cropped" profile in Photoshop, which doesn't make it architecturally good but can defish it a lot.. but you can get away with the Sigma 10mm FE profile in LR4 if you want to correct it there). I typically don't correct it.....


Thanks, I think you sold me on it. I've got the Pany 14 2.5 and for wider shots I often shoot pano's, but having a FE would be fun for travel.



Nov 12, 2012 at 01:50 AM
Wilbus
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #13 · p.58 #13 · OM-D & PEN Images


RKTodd I too have the rattlesnake noise with the PL 25, it's an annoyance at the most. I have never seen it affect a photo or the performance of the lens.
If it acts up while I am not shooting or in a hurry I turn the camera off and on and it seems to settle down for a while.

The lens is amazing in every other way.

Second shot is great JUJU, love the all black water!



Nov 12, 2012 at 07:05 AM
FlyPenFly
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #14 · p.58 #14 · OM-D & PEN Images


Juju, what is your post processing technique?


Nov 12, 2012 at 07:13 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #15 · p.58 #15 · OM-D & PEN Images


Beautiful set Julian!





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8 lens    45mm    f/2.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8 lens    45mm    f/1.8    1/100s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8 lens    45mm    f/1.8    1/100s    2500 ISO    -0.7 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  E-M5    OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8 lens    45mm    f/1.8    1/100s    2000 ISO    -0.3 EV  




Nov 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
RKTodd
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #16 · p.58 #16 · OM-D & PEN Images


Wilbus wrote:
RKTodd I too have the rattlesnake noise with the PL 25, it's an annoyance at the most. I have never seen it affect a photo or the performance of the lens.
If it acts up while I am not shooting or in a hurry I turn the camera off and on and it seems to settle down for a while.

The lens is amazing in every other way.

Second shot is great JUJU, love the all black water!


Thanks for the feedback on the noise. I plan to place an order for that lens this week. I have the 45 1.8 coming on Wednesday--can't wait to play!

Love the dog photos with the 45!



Nov 12, 2012 at 01:03 PM
kewlcanon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #17 · p.58 #17 · OM-D & PEN Images


Turn off the Fulltime-AF option to avoid rattlesnake on PL 25.


Nov 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM
anthonysemone
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #18 · p.58 #18 · OM-D & PEN Images


rji,

what wonderful pictures of a couple of beautiful buddies



Nov 12, 2012 at 02:23 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #19 · p.58 #19 · OM-D & PEN Images


anthonysemone wrote:
rji,

what wonderful pictures of a couple of beautiful buddies


Thanks Anthony!



Nov 12, 2012 at 02:34 PM
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #20 · p.58 #20 · OM-D & PEN Images


kewlcanon wrote:
Turn off the Fulltime-AF option to avoid rattlesnake on PL 25.

That may help but it doesn't completely alleviate it. I have had that option disabled since day one of my OMD but I still occasionally get rattlesnake.



Nov 12, 2012 at 03:34 PM
1       2       3              57      
58
       59              270       271       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              57      
58
       59              270       271       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password