Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Just one from Saturday

Robin Usagani
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just one from Saturday

Thoughts?

http://usagani.com/img/s2/v51/p800955966-4.jpg

Edited on Jun 30, 2012 at 05:07 AM · View previous versions

Jun 30, 2012 at 04:51 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just one from Saturday

not showing...

Jun 30, 2012 at 05:03 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just one from Saturday

fixed. Thanks Doug.

Jun 30, 2012 at 05:07 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just one from Saturday

too busy...the bride just gels in with the rest of the bright lights on the other photos. if you can darken the sorrounding and the background...this one would rule.

Jun 30, 2012 at 05:08 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just one from Saturday

Meh. Too much going on.

Jun 30, 2012 at 05:11 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Just one from Saturday

Sunny Sra wrote:
too busy...the bride just gels in with the rest of the bright lights on the other photos. if you can darken the sorrounding and the background...this one would rule.

Like this?

http://usagani.com/img/s1/v48/p876257974-4.jpg

Jun 30, 2012 at 05:13 AM
ValerieUSA
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Just one from Saturday

If you were just about any other place in the room but there it would have been a much better photo. What possessed you to take the shot from there?

Jun 30, 2012 at 06:11 AM
mcarriere987
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Just one from Saturday

Valerie, after your post in the Fer Juaristi topic I have little respect for your critiques. Being critical is one thing, but the wording of this one is just down right rude. I think Robin deserves a little more respect here when asking for insight.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Just one from Saturday

ValerieUSA wrote:
If you were just about any other place in the room but there it would have been a much better photo. What possessed you to take the shot from there?

Cause I don't have the eye apparently.

The wedding was at an event center. We were walking through the big complex to go to the park behind it instead of walking outside around it in a 100 degree weather. Just happened to walk through an art exhibition and thought the light and walls were interesting. I was hoping for more plain white walls.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Just one from Saturday

You were close on this one. I think if you were to find the angle that hid the lamp-looking sculpture behind the middle panel it would have been a lot cleaner. And maybe tried shooting from a lower perspective instead of higher. Easy to say after the fact, haha. I think it's still a pretty cool photo.

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Just one from Saturday

Also, you may have wanted to turn the body away from the light source, then have her turn her face toward it. As it is now, there's shadows all over her face and you're just not drawn to it.

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:09 PM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Just one from Saturday

I like the second version better, but since we in this country are left to right readers, the picture on the left is what grabs my attention first, and what fights for my attention as I try to look through the rest of the shot. Maybe if the two pictures on the left were darkened a bit, there would be less fighting for my attention. Think spotlight just on the bride.... just a thought.

Btw, I think there is something cool here.

Andrew

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:34 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Just one from Saturday

I like the second version much better - it leads my eye from left to right much more easily. I don't mind that the bride isn't the first thing I look at in this shot.

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:37 PM
IzzyG
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Just one from Saturday

I like the image, especially the ratio. However, I would get rid of the door on the left side. It's an empty space. Cropping it out however will change the ratio, and potentially the impact of original ratio.

Jun 30, 2012 at 02:11 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Just one from Saturday

Lovely shot, Robin.

I think I'd be inclined to clone out the two bright spotlights and burn the doorway area on the right (along with the light spill on the floor) until it was completely invisible. I'd also crop that light sliver of wall on the far left.

Jun 30, 2012 at 02:32 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Just one from Saturday

maxwell1295 wrote:
Lovely shot, Robin.

I think I'd be inclined to clone out the two bright spotlights and burn the doorway area on the right (along with the light spill on the floor) until it was completely invisible. I'd also crop that light sliver of wall on the far left.

...and remove the distracting vertical frame post she appears to be leaning her head against.

Jun 30, 2012 at 02:48 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Just one from Saturday

I like your second version better. I think the stuff in the room behind her is sort of distracting, mostly whatever is behind that other wall

Jun 30, 2012 at 02:59 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Just one from Saturday

Thank you for all of your inputs.. Here is the latest one
http://usagani.com/img/s1/v47/p963184298-4.jpg

And here is a different one... and that's all I have from this spot. It was a quick snap.
http://usagani.com/img/s2/v50/p683953851-4.jpg

Jun 30, 2012 at 07:05 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Just one from Saturday

I like the latest version of #1, and #2 is even better. You might lighten the bottom of her dress a bit, though.

Jun 30, 2012 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password