Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Should I be suspicious...

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Should I be suspicious...

Or is the only question, where will this report be published ?

[quote=email]I'm training to be a wedding planner at the moment, and part of my course is to find some local photographers to write a report about. I have been browsing your website and if it is okay with you, I would like to use you in my report?
Could you spare a couple of minutes to give me some further information?
I need a few details on your background, eg training or uni's you attended. A quotation including reportage, magazine style photo album and how many hours you usually spend on a wedding?

I removed names etc

Jun 28, 2012 at 04:10 AM
Sergio Mottola
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Should I be suspicious...

there is no course, she is an intern for another wedding planner. this is part of her training.

Jun 28, 2012 at 04:11 AM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Should I be suspicious...

she just wants photos for her website to give couples idea that this is what she can provide, then send them to other photog.

or maybe not, and i had way too many bad experiences with them

Jun 28, 2012 at 04:32 AM
riddell

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Should I be suspicious...

Its difficlut to say. She could be on the level, or maybe as the other poster say.

I recieve a lot of these emails, quite regularly, which either makes me think there are a large number of students out there, or its just not on the level. Often they are much more suspisious and its obvious that its just a info gathering exercise.

I'm quite sure sometimes these are other wannabe photographers after an idea of pricing structure and how you work etc.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Jun 28, 2012 at 06:33 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Should I be suspicious...

Found out it's genuine. She's local, friend of a friend. She showed me where she was studying, and that it's just for a test paper (no publishing).

@Paul: You can add your link in your signature - I think it might be against the rules to randomly post your own website for SEO.

Jun 28, 2012 at 06:45 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Should I be suspicious...

I didn't see the problem to begin with She just asked to talk with you about your business. There was absolutely nothing threatening in the initial inquiry.

Good to see that you found out.

Jun 28, 2012 at 09:20 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Should I be suspicious...

Kind of common for me. I've been asked this a few times just in recent months.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.