fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource
  

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2004 · More Hood River Action

  
 
Lance_K
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · More Hood River Action


Lots of shots this weekend- I'll toss a bunch here.

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2172.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2197.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_1858.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_1919.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2011.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2038.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2051.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2062.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2090.jpg
Kite Cross and Expression Session Women's winner BRI preparing
http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2145.jpg
for action...
http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_2150.jpg

http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_1757.jpg
Luge Demo
http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_1636.jpg
The Downhill Champ
http://www.ionimagery.com/FM/CRW_1546.jpg

Edited by Lance_K on Jul 14, 2004 at 10:05 PM GMT (Reason: Clarity)

Edited by Lance_K on Jul 14, 2004 at 10:10 PM GMT

Edited by Lance_K on Jul 14, 2004 at 10:11 PM GMT

Edited by Lance_K on Jul 14, 2004 at 10:31 PM GMT



Jul 14, 2004 at 10:39 PM
BliX
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · More Hood River Action


WoW! #6 looks like it would make a cool magazine cover.


Jul 14, 2004 at 10:53 PM
VenturaBumm
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · More Hood River Action


Ok. I need to find an event like this around here. Seeing some awsome shots. Maybe i can get to the X games.


Jul 14, 2004 at 10:53 PM
mjordan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · More Hood River Action



Great shots. I've heard that the winds haven't been that great. Are there going to be any more kiting activities are did they finish them up?

Mike



Jul 14, 2004 at 11:25 PM
Lance_K
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · More Hood River Action


Mike the wind SUCKED until the kite events yesterday- it was crankin' with gusts up into 30. No more kite events.

Today the windsurfing was postponed after a dead-calm morning.... but then it cranked up again for the afternoon- it was blowin- 29 steady with gusts to 39. Very weird wind lately.



Jul 15, 2004 at 01:22 AM
SSMedia
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · More Hood River Action


Nices shots.

Who's leading the windsurfing ?

Charles



Jul 15, 2004 at 02:58 AM
Snapperjack
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · More Hood River Action


Is it easy to keep these surfkites within the confines of the Gorge? Do the winds ever take the contestants dangerously close to the shore? I never thought of this when it was out kitesurfing out at sea but then it may just be my complete lack of knowledge of this sport. Thanks


Jul 15, 2004 at 05:30 AM
Lance_K
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · More Hood River Action


Charles today is the windsurfing events. It is blowing 23-33 right now. Should be decent but it doesn't look like alot of swell.

Snapperjack the gusts here aren't friendly to kitboarding, but people manage to avoid shore- for the most part.



Jul 15, 2004 at 09:45 AM
Jake Brake
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · More Hood River Action


How long are the games going on?


Jul 15, 2004 at 10:01 AM
Lance_K
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · More Hood River Action


They are ending I think this weekend. Kayak extreme event today as well...
Lance



Jul 15, 2004 at 10:59 AM
CruzThs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · More Hood River Action


Lance - HOLY CRAP!! I love the kitesurfing close-ups.

The luge picture is sweet! I wish I would have gone over there with you however I was in the water at sandbar.

I so have to get out there again. What an amazing place to shoot. If you should ever come over to the Bay Area, let me know and I'll take you over to Santa Cruz for some surf shooting.

Here are some pics of Lance hard at work in his home town.

http://www.pbase.com/image/31379993/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/31379995/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/31379999/original.jpg



Jul 15, 2004 at 11:52 AM
Lance_K
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · More Hood River Action


Love those pict's Rob, me all hung over from drinkin' beers with you. Don't think I got a few of you holmes in the same state...

Lance



Jul 15, 2004 at 10:59 PM
CruzThs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · More Hood River Action


Lance, check this out. This picture must have been taken at nearly the same instant as your #9.

http://www.pbase.com/image/31400689.jpg



Jul 16, 2004 at 12:15 PM
Lance_K
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · More Hood River Action


Thats nuts! How many kiters were out there on the water too? 5 plus?

Great shot!



Jul 16, 2004 at 12:34 PM
Carver
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · More Hood River Action


Very nice shots you've got there ! Wish I lived at the Gorge.. I shoot kiteboarding all te time, but the Slingshot homespot is THE best spot to shoot pics !


Jul 17, 2004 at 04:23 PM





FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account