Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DX user manual

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300007358/02/eos1dx-im2-c-en.pdf

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM
stanj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DX user manual

Good find! Too bad about Silent-Continuous, or rather, the lack thereof.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DX user manual

..and no touchscreen ...damn .

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM
tonywong88
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DX user manual

Hrm. No f/8 AF.

"With lenses whose maximum aperture is smaller than f/5.6, AF is not possible during viewfinder shooting. Also, AF with f is not possible during Live View shooting and movie shooting."

Jun 12, 2012 at 02:17 AM
melcat
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DX user manual

Reduced support for interchangeable focussing screens. There's a new one because the AF area is different.

Page 327f:

- you can put the Ec-S in, but it won't meter correctly.
- the older screens, in particular the Ec-D and Ec-S, have not been updated with new versions suitable for the AF area. In case you thought the Ec-D was now redundant, there is a viewfinder grid but you have to dedicate a button to activating it and then hold the button down.

How hard could it be to supply Ec-D II and Ec-S II screens?

Jun 12, 2012 at 03:07 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1DX user manual

Hmmm, AF point display and VF display illumination options seems to be exactly the same as the 5D Mark III, see page 100+101. Can anybody confirm this?

Jun 12, 2012 at 03:31 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1DX user manual

Thank you for the link, Kewly. :-)

Jun 12, 2012 at 03:39 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1DX user manual

Stoffer wrote:
Hmmm, AF point display and VF display illumination options seems to be exactly the same as the 5D Mark III, see page 100+101. Can anybody confirm this?

Only new option is the AF Status in Viewfinder option that allows a more obtrusive notification when AF is achieved. This may help some with that have the complaints about the VF in the 5D3 but all the options about when and how the AF points display are the same. So no changes to pre flashing the AF point or to having the point show at all in AI Servo mode.

Jun 12, 2012 at 06:48 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1DX user manual

arbitrage wrote:
Only new option is the AF Status in Viewfinder option that allows a more obtrusive notification when AF is achieved. This may help some with that have the complaints about the VF in the 5D3 but all the options about when and how the AF points display are the same. So no changes to pre flashing the AF point or to having the point show at all in AI Servo mode.

Thanks for checking. I have only used a pre-production EOS-1D X ever so briefly, so I'm looking forward to see whether this will be an issue for me. Maybe not, as I'm used to the 7D.

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:03 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1DX user manual

I was also used to the 7D since 2010 and never noticed a problem at all when I got the 5D3. Then of course I read about it on these forums from the people with big issues (pompo and Klassey) and looked into it more. For what I do, I don't have any issues and if you haven't had issues with the 7D then you won't all of a sudden have issues with the 1DX or 5D3. Actually there are more options on the 2 new bodies over the 7D so you can choose when the focus point lights up with higher precision. Still arguably not perfect and not as good as the 1D4 system but if 7D was okay then you won't have any issues.

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:26 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1DX user manual

Well, now we can probably rule out that the delay had any thing to do with reworking either the AF points display or autofocus with F/8. My hope is still a sensor void of pattern noise and banding in raised the shadows. A slim hope, but

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:40 AM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1DX user manual

Let's just get the Olympics over so use civilians can get a chance at a 1Dx.

Jun 12, 2012 at 08:54 AM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 1DX user manual

Stoffer wrote:

That's exactly how the 1DX worked that I used in April.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM
garyvot
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 1DX user manual

stanj wrote:
That's exactly how the 1DX worked that I used in April.

They will not rework the whole viewfinder and AF point display system. But they might have figured how to momentarily light up the AF point in AI Servo, as is done on other Canon camera bodies (sans 5D3). Such a last minute change would not necessarily be reflected in the posted user manual.

The lack of momentary illumination in AI Servo is the issue that people complained about originally, but (as happens on the Interwebz), a few persistent people have elevated this to a crusade against the entire transflective LCD viewfinder design (originally introduced on the 7D).

This design seems integral to the whole "Zone AF" system, so there is little chance that Canon will change this, in my view.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM
DocsPics
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 1DX user manual

Liking my 1D MkIV even more now. Definitely will take a wait and see approach on the 1DX.

Jun 12, 2012 at 03:11 PM
jjoejr
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 1DX user manual

Make that two liking that old worn out 1DIV thingy.

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:05 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 1DX user manual

DocsPics wrote:
Liking my 1D MkIV even more now. Definitely will take a wait and see approach on the 1DX.

I am taking and wait see for either the 1D X2 or praying they come to their senses (sensors) and keep APS-H alive, even in a non 1 series. 7D, 5D III and 1D IV will keep me happy for long time - well at least until 7D II is announced, hopefully with 5D III AF.

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:22 PM
cljtam

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 1DX user manual

6.20 seems like the offical release date of 1Dx in Japan......

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:02 AM
BLACKRAIN1

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 1DX user manual

tonywong88 wrote:
Hrm. No f/8 AF.

"With lenses whose maximum aperture is smaller than f/5.6, AF is not possible during viewfinder shooting.

I know I have been up all night so I get this right . AF does not work IE no focus at F8 -F16 WTF is that a joke

Jun 13, 2012 at 07:10 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 1DX user manual

cljtam wrote:
6.20 seems like the offical release date of 1Dx in Japan......

Is this conjecture or unofficial fact? (Not being disrespectful about your comment)
Dan

Jun 13, 2012 at 07:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.