New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Agora Gallery

killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Agora Gallery

Hi everyone!

i got a random email today from someone 'claiming' to represent something called the Agora Gallery. id like to share the email and see what you have to say. she mentions in the email that they take an annual fee for people to be in the gallery and for PR and what not. i have no explicit desire to do such a thing at this time, i was just wondering if anyone had heard of the Gallery and if this is a legit operation.

Dear Tyler Brigham,

I came across your photography on your website fistfulofneurons.com/photos while I was doing research online. I wanted to take a minute to introduce you to our gallery, and inform you of our bi-annual exhibition of analog and digital fine art photography, Altered States of Reality - http://www.agora-gallery.com/catalog/Altered_11_1_2012.aspx

Agora Gallery has been in business since 1984 and is located in the heart of New York’s famous art district, Chelsea. A well-established gallery, we provide promotional services to talented artists such as yourself, for which we charge an annual promotional fee.

For more information about gallery representation and our services, or to submit
...Show more

May 29, 2012 at 08:02 PM
williamkazak
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Agora Gallery

My local gallery will take 40% of sales. They will add work to their walls and keep it there for at least thirty days. It is eclectic; paintings, drawings, sculpture, some crafts, a few photographers. If artwork does not sell, they will put up something different. On occasion, they will give an artist a show. The big questions are; are they making sales and how do they represent an artist?

May 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.