p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

The light is just gorgeous! Love it.
Ute

May 15, 2012 at 07:24 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

Just like good tea ... "Suh-Weeeeet" !!!

I get into Ten-see 'bout once a year ... will have to look this one up. Thanks for sharing.

May 15, 2012 at 09:58 AM
cpoole
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

ScaryFox wrote:
The light is just gorgeous! Love it.
Ute

Ute - I have not posted a lot of comments on the forum recently (tend to do it in spurts as I get time), but I would like to say that I have really enjoyed some of your recent images. I will have to look thru the previous postings, but several of them had the special light quality that is exactly what I am after in my processing techniques right now.

May 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
cpoole
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

Rusty - very familiar with the "Suh-weeeeet" stuff. I was raised on it!

Thanks...

May 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

Doug C wrote:
Great looking images (all of 'em, you've posted today...thanks for the mao, also!)

I get down to Tn most years during the Fall. I've always meant to get over to the old mill, down near Winchester I believe it is. Looks like I should devote a day to the area and check out this place, too!

Them thar falls are purdy

If you go, look for John of Jane Lovett. They are the owners of Falls Mill, which is north of US. 64, east of Huntland, and west of Belvedere. They have a really nice tour of the mill. You can also buy stone ground flour there, since this is a working mill. Also, to see the waterwheel, stay to the left of the mill and follow the road to the back. You should be able to get some nice shots from that side. While in the area, check out the Swiss Pantry in Belvedere. Some dang good desserts, breads, etc. made there.

Regards, Colin

Edited on May 15, 2012 at 06:11 PM · View previous versions

May 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM
cpoole
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

Colin Giersberg wrote:
If you go, look for John of Janie Lovett. They are the owners of Falls Mill, which is north of US. 64, east of Huntland, and west of Belvedere. They have a really nice tour of the mill. You can also buy stone ground flour there, since this is a working mill. Also, to see the waterwheel, stay to the left of the mill and follow the road to the back. You should be able to get some nice shots from that side. While in the area, check out the Swiss Pantry in Belvedere. Some dang good desserts, breads,
...Show more

Colin - your response got my wife's attention. The trip to the mill is now no longer up to me...

May 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

For what it is worth, I took off from work early and headed up to Machinery Falls. Your shot inspired me to go and see it. This is something I have wanted to do for quite some time. Only problem I had was trying to figure out about where you were set up, although I have an idea about it. I just couldn't figger a way down thar to that spot .
On the way home, I stopped off at Falls Mill and talked to John and Jane. Not only do they grind flour and a few other items, they have displays of old looms, grindstones, and are currently restoring a printing press. All of the equipment in the mill is belt driven, and is not all that noisy when you think about it. Also, every year, they host a woodworking event. The Winchester area has a rather large (125+ members) woodworking club. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of EVERY month at the UTSI main campus room H111. We begin at 7 PM and are generally done by 9 PM. This Saturday is the date of the event, so I am thinking of going to that and see some old friends. I lived in Winchester from 1995 to 1998 and was a member of the Tennessee Valley Woodworkers club. I now live in Athens, Alabama and this would be my first time back to see the group. One catch, do not go on Wednesday because they are closed that day.

Regards, Colin

May 15, 2012 at 06:30 PM
cpoole
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Falls Mill.

Colin - very much appreciate this information. We will make a point to check this out.

May 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Bryan Mordt
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

You did a great job! What a wonderful location!

May 16, 2012 at 01:06 AM
bshamilton
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Found a gem of a location in Tennessee yesterday

Delightful set! Very cool falls and very nicely captured.

Barry

May 20, 2012 at 09:58 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.