FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Cleveland Zoo with the 5D Mark III

Invertalon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cleveland Zoo with the 5D Mark III

Decided to stop by the Zoo today... The first time since getting my 5D3... Performance as good as you would expect. Barley touched exposure compensation at all (only once), the rest of the time at "0" and in post did minimal exposure adjustments. Big change from the 5D2. Love the new metering system. Although I know it is the same as the 7D, it does better. Probably improvements with the Digic 5 or something of the sort. I have shot a few thousand images in tricky lighting and rarely ever have to adjust like I used to. I dig this...

Really had a great time shooting with the camera today. I just need my grip now! Can't wait for that!

I only took a few dozen images... Was only there for an hour and a half maybe mainly to walk around and visit my mom (she works there, she is not on display at the zoo )

First one was especially challenging that IMO, the 5D2 would of not been able to do. This was shot through a tight chain link fence, through long grass and a behind the log. Quite a bit of interference. Spot AF in the right location nailed it first try. I was happy with it. Not the best shot, I know... But just showing how well spot AF works when you need it. I seriously was doubting it would be able to do it honestly. But it locked right on and nailed focus.

The rest are just a few shots I took throughout the time I was there.

6M3C3521.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C3506.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C3453.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C3419.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C3446.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C3438.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C3420.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

And finishing up with this little guy/gal posing for a shot! *Wink*

6M3C3507.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cleveland Zoo with the 5D Mark III

That last one is a crack up Steve

May 01, 2012 at 01:26 AM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cleveland Zoo with the 5D Mark III

Yeah I thought so too! Glad I was able to capture it haha

May 01, 2012 at 07:56 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.