New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Broken BatPac?

Flugnord

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Broken BatPac?

Hi.

I bought a Profoto BatPac yesterday, charged it and was going to use it today with my 2x bowens 500w gemini. However it doesn't seem to be working out as i thought. When one Bowens is connected, all is fine, good recycling time and everything is stable. When I connected my other Bowens to the BatPac it blew out the modeling lamp, and they take for ever to recharge(20-30 sec). When I turn off one light, all is fine again. I thought it might be a faulty socket on the BatPac and tried putting both lights in to the same socket (via a hub) ant the same problem acures.

The dealership is closed until monday, so I cannot ask them. But, the BatPac can (or is supposed to) power 4x 1000w d1 lights, why are my 2x 500w Bowens so hard to recharge?

The dealership sells both Profoto and Bowens, so I would have thought they'd give me a warning when I bought these items.

Isn't my BatPac just broken?

Best regards, Thordur A.

Mar 31, 2012 at 06:41 AM
aztwang1
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Broken BatPac?

I believe that Batpac useage is just for Profoto D1's. Even Using more than 2 Profoto heads requires a updated firmare version to the heads so that everything works correctly.I have heard of very similar stories matching Non- Profoto heads to Bat Pacs as well as trying to mate up Profoto D1's with other packs. These electronics are VERY particular.

Apr 02, 2012 at 02:37 PM
kenyee
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Broken BatPac?

don't turn on the modeling lamp when you're using battery inverters...you'll suck the battery dry really quickly

Apr 02, 2012 at 03:03 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.