New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · OS X Lion Compatibility

ozhop
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OS X Lion Compatibility

I have remained with Snow Leopard 10.6 as I never upgrade to a new operating system version early on. Now with Mountain Lion on the horizon it may be time to update.

If you use OS X 10.7 Lion do you have any issues. I'm mainly concerned with Photoshop and Lightroom I have CS5 and LR 4. Nik software. I also print to an Epson 3800.

Just wondering if I'll get a nasty surprise upgrading. I'm aware that Rosetta is not supported. I aslo use thw ione Display Pro to calibrate.

I did visit the Mac and Adobe sites for information and saw lots of issues, however I am unable to determine whether they have all been resolved.

Thanks

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:17 AM
tomrock
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OS X Lion Compatibility

I use Lion with CS5, LR4, NIK Software and an Epson 3880, so I'm pretty close.

I don't have any issues and everything works but I may have had to install a new driver for the 3880. I don't remember because unlike you, I upgraded the day Lion came out so it's been a while.

Good luck.

Mar 30, 2012 at 06:02 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OS X Lion Compatibility

ditto. no problem w/ CS5, LR4 or my Epson 3800 but be aware that v8.64 of the Epson driver will nuke your ability to use ABW profiles

Mar 30, 2012 at 06:40 AM
Mr Joe
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OS X Lion Compatibility

CS5 / LR4 / Epson R3000 and no issues on 10.7

You can go to Apple -- About This Mac -- More Info (not sure if it's in the exact same place on 10.6) to see which programs say "Power PC".

Mar 30, 2012 at 01:28 PM
ozhop
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OS X Lion Compatibility

Thanks for the responses. I am not using Epson's latest driver and I would certainly want my ABW profiles.
I may stay where I am at present. Thanks again for the feedback.

Mar 30, 2012 at 02:03 PM
Keith B.
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OS X Lion Compatibility

I've got: 2009 Macbook Pro, 8GB ram, 2.8GHz, using LR3/4, Epson 3800. No issues with Lion...everything in the photo imaging chain has run without incident with regard to Lion.

Mar 30, 2012 at 07:02 PM
ozhop
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OS X Lion Compatibility

Investigated the Epson driver issue. Saw this on another forum:

The solution was the "Color Matching" pulldown in the driver... it used to default to however you had Photoshop set- not any more. This is the setting:
(http://www.parrotcolor.com/store/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Picture-2.jpg)

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM
ozhop
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OS X Lion Compatibility

Kept reading the thread. It now appears to use ABW using the latest driver you have to select printer manages colour

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM
ecidi
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · OS X Lion Compatibility

ozhop wrote:
Kept reading the thread. It now appears to use ABW using the latest driver you have to select printer manages colour

I agree with this! Even for color management, I found that by selecting "printer manages color" when using the Epson 3880, I get accurate colors in my prints.

Apr 01, 2012 at 08:07 AM
httivals
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · OS X Lion Compatibility

Reviving this thread. Were you able to get the Epson 3800 working with ABW profiles in Lion? Has anyone yet tried to use the Epson 3800 with Mountain Lion?

Jul 29, 2012 at 06:05 AM
Gregory Edge
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · OS X Lion Compatibility

I waited 8 months to upgrade to Lion. I mostly did it because of iCloud. CS5 works fine for me. I do not use Lightroom so I can't speak to that. I really found just about everything worked. My Spyder3 software needed upgrading but Data Color has that on their website for downloading. I have not upgraded to Mountain Lion yet. However Mountain Lion is not a major change like Lion was. Lion removed all the legacy support for PowerPC. What I usually do before I make an OS update is clone my OS hard drive just in case. So far with OS X I never have had to revert to the backup. I usually wait 6 mos or so to upgrade.

Jul 29, 2012 at 07:49 AM
matthewbmedia
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · OS X Lion Compatibility

CS6 epson 3880 - no issues - Change your printer preset from "standard" and save a new preset.

Jul 30, 2012 at 09:24 AM
ftemoto
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · OS X Lion Compatibility

CS5 Bridge crashes immediately when I try to switch to a different image source file after start up with ML installed. It's an unusable program right now. Not an issue before with Lion.

CS4 Bridge, however, seems to be fine in ML

I am not alone in this glitch.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4584945

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4586086

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4587342

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · OS X Lion Compatibility

The upgrade to Mountain Lion is by far the easiest upgrade I've ever done. I backed up my boot hard drive, ran software update to be certain the OS was up to date, and then ran the upgrade. No problems developed during the upgrade, and I've not had one hiccup since. CS6 and Lightroom 4 run fine.

Jul 30, 2012 at 06:35 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.