New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · uploading images?

idsurfer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · uploading images?

I don't frequent this forum too often. I do know that i have uploaded one shot in the past. Have things changed? Do I need to pay for a subscription to upload images here now? Can I just put them up from flickr? I looked in the FAQ's and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks

Mar 26, 2012 at 09:36 PM
idsurfer
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · uploading images?

Interesting...seems as if I can upload images if I "quick reply" to a post but not if I start a thread .

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7209/6808645320_831725cf05_z.jpg

Mar 26, 2012 at 09:53 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · uploading images?

Hmmm - shouldn't make any difference, as long as you post the proper link in any post. Without a membership for "Upload & Sell" you're not actually uploading the photo to FM, just posting a a link to it on a remote server.

Mar 27, 2012 at 04:36 AM
idsurfer
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · uploading images?

So do you see the 5th little box on the left with the mountain icon in it in the "quick reply" panel? This is how I put pictures on these forums. This little box is not available when starting a new thread. Is there another way to share photos? I am not really interested in paying for a subscription.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · uploading images?

I've always just manually cut/pasted my links into a post.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · uploading images?

dcains wrote:
I've always just manually cut/pasted my links into a post.

+1

I have an Upload and Sell subscription since I occasionally sell gear on the Buy and Sell board but more importantly because I was to support this website, where I spend an embarrassing amount of time each day. But I don't use the upload feature because I've become accustomed to uploading images to Picasa. In fact, I upload many more photos to Picasa than I post on FM. Copying links to photos in Picasa is very easy.

Have fun. FM is a great place to schmooze with other photographers both about gear and about the joy of using it.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM
idsurfer
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · uploading images?

Ah...I have a way to link through flickr....thanks

Spring.jpg by cory.shuler, on Flickr

Mar 28, 2012 at 09:31 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.