FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Ah this feels good - hyena bath

goldscout
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ah this feels good - hyena bath

This one just looks tooooo comfortable. Not much for the portfolio, but good for a smile.
C&C always welome. More from tanzania here

Mar 24, 2012 at 01:51 PM
Formeister

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ah this feels good - hyena bath

Not much for the portfolio?! Seriously?! I think this is a wonderful capture, and I've never seen a picture of a hyena playing like that before! If you're not thrilled with this picture, you must have some awesome shots in your portfolio...and I just checked your pics from Tanzania, and you definitely do!

I've always wanted to go to Africa on a safari because I'm simply amazed by the specialized abilities of each large cat populating the plains...and you got some incredible shots of pretty much all of them! I mean the only thing you don't have is a high speed panning shot of a cheetah darting by in full sprint...but I imagine you'd have to be in the absolute perfect place at he perfect time with the right equipment (which involves a lot of patience and luck), and I imagine autofocus might have extreme difficulty focusing constantly on the cheetah without accidentally locking onto the grass. But boy would that be a sweet picture!

I'm assuming you were using a long, professional telephoto lens for most of the cat shots, either that or you're far braver than I am haha. What was your setup for these shots??

Mar 24, 2012 at 02:27 PM
goldscout
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ah this feels good - hyena bath

Thanks for the compliments. I use canon and yes I have a 1d MK IV and 500 f4. The 12 frames/second on the 1d really makes a difference when you are shooting moving cats etc. Get to Africa whenever you can it's definitely worth it.

Mar 24, 2012 at 03:30 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ah this feels good - hyena bath

Fine shot Thomas. It certainly made me smile but I think it's worth a lot more than that
David

Mar 24, 2012 at 05:50 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.