Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · I beg you FMers

Robin Usagani
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I beg you FMers

Please read my latest blog post. I usually don't like posting only link but please make this one exception.

http://blog.usagani.com/2012/03/in-loving-memory-jason-michael-murphy.html

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I beg you FMers

As a cyclist, it pains me to see these stories.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I beg you FMers

very respectful photos of a difficult time for many.

Andy

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM
LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I beg you FMers

After reading, I was wondering how you were going to capture it and the images look just as I had imagined. Wonderful. I'm sure they will be cherished. If I can say one small thing and I hope you don't think I'm a di*k, but the skin tones inside the church look very red to me.

Mar 22, 2012 at 01:05 AM
pattyw
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I beg you FMers

A very difficult time but I think you covered it very well. I can't get over how little his daughters have grown between the 2 events... looks like a brief time between.

Mar 22, 2012 at 06:52 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I beg you FMers

I have no idea how I would shoot something like that. I would find that pretty hard. I would even consider declining but I know I couldn't.

Horrible situation for everyone.

Well done.

Mar 22, 2012 at 06:56 AM
lisy78
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I beg you FMers

The coverage is fantastic, you gave those little girls a gift of immense value.

As I mentioned in reply to the OP's post on FB... I routinely talk to my children about the signficantly increased risk of crossing a road, but also of just walking along a road during the two times of day when the sun is at the right angle to blind eastbound (in the am) and westbound (in the pm) motorists. I even took them riding around and sat them temporarily in the front seat at the right seat height, to see exactly what the drivers see (well... don't see) when this happens.

I post this because I think you should do the same with your own little ones. And the not so little ones. If one life is spared as a result of others understanding what led to Jason's death, then this hero can continue his mission of saving lives even after his own passing.

It doesn't take much to make yourself A LOT safer. If you have to walk along a two-way east-west road walk on the north side in the morning and the south side in the afternoon.

Ciao!

Alessandro

Mar 22, 2012 at 07:15 AM
_Rob_S_
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I beg you FMers

Very well captured. Difficult situation, I can empathize as a cyclist.

Rob

Mar 22, 2012 at 07:15 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I beg you FMers

This is heartbreaking. You did an amazing job with this, Robin.

Mar 22, 2012 at 07:20 AM
Gary Harfield
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I beg you FMers

As a 7 year CallFighter and Dept photographer myself (laid of a few years ago)

Thumbs up, good job

Mar 22, 2012 at 07:37 AM
boshek
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I beg you FMers

you did a great job, i dont think i would not have kept "it" together especially when his daughter spoke. Your pics certainly tugged at my heartstrings. A great job on a very sad day.

Mar 22, 2012 at 07:46 AM
joosay
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I beg you FMers

Nice job capturing the moments. I've only been to one funeral and it is a tough tough event to photograph.

Mar 22, 2012 at 07:59 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I beg you FMers

Thank you everyone.

morganb4 wrote:
I have no idea how I would shoot something like that. I would find that pretty hard. I would even consider declining but I know I couldn't.

Horrible situation for everyone.

Well done.

Morgan, I offered my free service as a friend. Documenting the funeral never crossed her mind. I am glad I did. This was a pretty big event as you can see, but I was the only one with a DSLR. I thought for sure there would be people from the newspaper. There were only video crews from a local channel.

lisy78 wrote:
The coverage is fantastic, you gave those little girls a gift of immense value.

As I mentioned in reply to the OP's post on FB... I routinely talk to my children about the signficantly increased risk of crossing a road, but also of just walking along a road during the two times of day when the sun is at the right angle to blind eastbound (in the am) and westbound (in the pm) motorists. I even took them riding around and sat them temporarily in the front seat at the right seat height, to see exactly what the drivers see (well...
...Show more

Thanks for sharing this Alessandro. I will make sure to do the same with my kids. Jason was not a careless man. Being a firefighter, he always puts safety first. Hearing about how serious the injury was, I cant help my self but judge about the driver. The speed limit of this road cannot be very high. I am just in shock because he is the strongest man I have ever known personally.

Edited by Fred Miranda on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Mar 22, 2012 at 08:07 AM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I beg you FMers

Robin excellent coverage, it was moving.

Thanks.

Sean

Mar 22, 2012 at 08:31 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I beg you FMers

Left a comment on your blog, Robin. Great coverage of such a tragic event.

Mar 22, 2012 at 08:37 AM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I beg you FMers

Very nice coverage indeed. I would expect the skin tones to be red from light reflecting off the red chairs (but what do I know). Thanks for sharing. I like lisy78's comments about sharing blind spots. I too am surprised about lack of media coverage. This man looks like a gentle giant. He will be surely missed in the community.

Mar 22, 2012 at 08:44 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I beg you FMers

Beautiful coverage of such a heartbreaking event, Robin. Thanks for sharing.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I beg you FMers

heartbreaking indeed....

amazing work and coverage.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I beg you FMers

SloPhoto wrote:
As a cyclist, it pains me to see these stories.

It hurts us too to read this. There are a number of places we would love to cycle to together in our town, but we currently live in a very cycle unfriendly part of town, and we just can't justify the risk.

Mar 22, 2012 at 01:06 PM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I beg you FMers

Robin, thanks for sharing. This is a sad story but one that needed to be told. Through your lens, so many like me will remember a man they never knew.

Mar 22, 2012 at 01:13 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.