Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

3              12       13       end

Archive 2012 · Ricoh GXR images

michaelwatkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Ricoh GXR images

I've elsewhere posted a version of this one before. Foreground needs a lot of pulling up if I render the buildings as they looked. Anyway, I like the ZM18 on the GXR very, very, much.

ZM18

On recent walks, Vancouver the beautiful...

ZM35, je pense

ZM35

Mar 22, 2012 at 05:44 PM
sculptormic
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Ricoh GXR images

Michael I did see that jogger before (RF), a fantastic shot!

Michiel

Mar 22, 2012 at 08:44 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.2 #3 · Ricoh GXR images

Rich, those look great!
Michael, especially love the flowers, spiral, nose and jogger.
Matt, the one of the reflections is an awesome find! May I ask where that is?
aleksanderpolo - great feel especially on the first one.

Here are some from Munich..

CV15 for the first two, the rest with the ZM21 f/2.8. BTW, the 21 also exhibits a similar blue edge shift as the CV15, though I've pretty much cleaned it up or disguised it with some work in LR.

Mar 23, 2012 at 03:38 AM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.2 #4 · Ricoh GXR images

Thanks Ron; I don't even like my garbage series but it might come to something once I have 1,000 of them to wade through (an arbitrary goal). I like your Stairs and Person with Umbrella In The Wind. A hint of HCB there I think.

Rich, if you post some Sonnar (can't remember if you also have the Planar) 50 images you may just confuse me again. A practical side of me thinks I should not acquire such a specialized lens but another side of me wants to go for it. Still have one on order.

We are going to have some nice weather for more than just a few hours... finally. While the rest of Canada has been off the charts warm, we had some snow in tropical Vancouver - in March! - just the other day. Bizarre. It's going to be a welcome change to have nice light back.

Mar 23, 2012 at 03:59 AM
Rich M
• •
p.2 #5 · Ricoh GXR images

michaelwatkins wrote:
Rich, if you post some Sonnar (can't remember if you also have the Planar) 50 images you may just confuse me again. A practical side of me thinks I should not acquire such a specialized lens but another side of me wants to go for it. Still have one on order.

Michael......these were all shot with the Sonnar. I'll shoot some with the Planar next week.

So for me, it was an either/or......I had the Planar and traded it. Have the Sonnar, would never trade/sell it.......but I just have another Planar coming in the mail. Indulgence? Probably.

Regardless, the Sonnar pretty much is permanently mounted on the GXR.

R

Mar 23, 2012 at 04:19 AM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.2 #6 · Ricoh GXR images

I believe there was some talk in the Planar...Sonnar...Planar of the 35/2 (which I own) being difficult to tell apart from the Planar 50/2 when viewing images. Perhaps for that reason I should experiment. Variety is the spice of life, no? Or is it cumin?

Thanks Rich - it'd be great to see some variety of subjects shot with both. Your forest scene above strikes a chord with me, and I've always enjoyed the sticks and containers shot I've seen you post before.

Mar 23, 2012 at 05:41 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Ricoh GXR images

The Planar 50 is not my mostly used lens, but it never fails to deliver, so it is a keeper.
But, it would be interesting to see how it compares to the 35/2, that would solve some thoughts I've had on focal lengths...

I have the 35/1.2 which is awesome, but I have very limited use for f1.2 myself and I find it a little bulky for travel with a three lens set up. If the 35/2 was rendering like the Planar 50/2 more or less I could sell the 35/1.2 (with some regrets after the fact I am sure) and replace the 50 with the 35/2.

That would complete a small trinity of CV15, ZM35/2 and Leica 75, with a better spread in focal length than I have now, bridging the gap between the CV15 and ZM50, while the Leica 75 will still keep the longer end in check.

Mar 23, 2012 at 05:52 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.2 #8 · Ricoh GXR images

Here are some 50 Planar images:

I think these were all wide open, or close to it.

The Sonnar looks great in Rich's images. Definitely a bit more character I think. The Planar is clean and predictably modern.

One more from this series with the ZM21 f/2.8

Mar 23, 2012 at 07:30 AM
SKumar25
• • •
p.2 #9 · Ricoh GXR images

Beautiful shots Ron!

Mar 25, 2012 at 01:08 AM
sculptormic
• • •
p.2 #10 · Ricoh GXR images

Some evening shots with a Rokkor lens with adapter on the M mount module.

Michiel

Mar 27, 2012 at 08:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • •
p.2 #11 · Ricoh GXR images

Thanks SKumar!

Michiel - looks good - very much like the second and the third looks like a Camper store? My girlfriend is a fan of that brand...

ZM50P first and last, ZM21 f/2.8 middle two.

Ron

Mar 28, 2012 at 04:07 AM
sculptormic
• • •
p.2 #12 · Ricoh GXR images

Thanks Ron! Forgot the name of the store. You are really exploring that structure on it's contrast and tonality!

One more from the serie.

Michiel

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM
SKumar25
• • •
p.2 #13 · Ricoh GXR images

Lovely set Michiel.

Amazing textures in those Ron.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.2 #14 · Ricoh GXR images

Thanks SKumar!

Too bad this thread has lost momentum. Truthfully, I haven't been using the GXR much the last month or so... therefore, more February images from Munich

All with the ZM21 f/2.8

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:53 AM
sculptormic
• • •
p.2 #15 · Ricoh GXR images

Nice set Ron. Love the colours in the first one.
I have been without internet for quiet some time, otherwise I probably would have kept this thread more vivid.

Here are some from my French facades.

Michiel

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:25 PM
sculptormic
• • •
p.2 #16 · Ricoh GXR images

Some more with the Ricoh GXR.

Soon I will try out some old Russian M lenses, I have on order, to try out on this camera.

Anybody still shooting with this Camera?

Michiel

Le Treport, Normandy

Cathedral in Amiens

May 07, 2012 at 08:29 AM
uscmatt99
• •
p.2 #17 · Ricoh GXR images

I am using it almost exclusively these days, and my D700 is feeling left out as of late. Here are a few from the GXR from a recent family trip to Palm Desert, CA. My favorite solo lens is the CV 35/1.2, and my favorite 2-lens combo is the CV15/4.5 and ZM 35/2.8. I greatly prefer the handling of the smaller lenses on this camera, but you just can't beat f/1.2 when needed. I didn't use the ZM 25/2.8 too much on this trip, but I do like the 35-40mm field of view when shooting my D700 oddly enough. They are all wonderful lenses though.

CV 90/3.5 SL-II

CV 35/1.2 v.2

CV 35/1.2 v.2

CV 35/1.2 v.2

ZM 25/2.8

ZM 35/2.8

CV 15/4.5

May 07, 2012 at 03:56 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Ricoh GXR images

Great sets Michiel and Matt! I still have the camera though admittedly have hardly used it since February, therefore that's about all I have to share from it. It's not that I don't like the camera, rather, when I go out, I gravitate towards the M9 for some reason.

CV35 f/1.2 II:

ZM21 f/2.8:

May 07, 2012 at 06:09 PM
sculptormic
• • •
p.2 #19 · Ricoh GXR images

Matt, Nice diverse set. That VC 35/1.2 is on my wishlist for lowlight shooting but I have patience.
Not sure how it performs on my NEX-7.

Ron, if I were you and would have a M-9, this camera would be in second place as wel.
I even use my NEX-7 a little more, also because I have so much alt glass to put on it, but for the wider M lenses the Ricoh is nr 1. Love the build quality as well compared to the NEX-7.
I like the first and the last from your set, very nice!

Here is one from yesterday.

Michiel

May 07, 2012 at 07:09 PM
uscmatt99
• •
p.2 #20 · Ricoh GXR images

Thanks for the nice comments Ron and Michiel. Ron, I've been an admirer of your work on the Leica thread for a long time, though I've never taken the time to comment on it. I enjoyed both of your series.

Michiel, I like French facades #59 the best, and am a sucker for cooler tones. The 35/1.2 is an outstanding lens. I believe it plays well on the NEX7, as opposed to the ZM 35mm lenses. I'd actually love to try it on an M9/M10 someday as it would probably balance better. A little front heavy on the GXR, and the focus ring is quite damped. I do like the broader aperture ring and resistance on the detents though.

Ron, I like the first and third from your April 21st post, particularly the third. Great lines and colors. I bet all of these files look great in their full glory.

May 07, 2012 at 08:19 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password