New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sekonic Wireless trigger Question

Slickrock

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sekonic Wireless trigger Question

Does anyone use the Sekonic 758 to trigger Pocket wizards/ I finally tried mine and it seems to be pretty much useless as I need to be no more than 5 feet from my setup. I do flash wit wireless remotes and at times my flashes are 10-30 feet away from my subject. Anyone else have this problem of is my readio having issues?

Also, Sekonic will not respond back to me!!! Thanks guys!!

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sekonic Wireless trigger Question

Have you tried a new battery in the meter? I've found that helped with my L-358 meter.

Also orientation of the receiver / transmitter and interference from other devices can affect range. I recall seeing information and tips about this on Sekonic web site.

Mar 19, 2012 at 05:55 AM
Deezie
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sekonic Wireless trigger Question

Are your PW's all on the same channel? Like Chuck suggested, change all batteries. Is the meter in "Flash" mode? Test them in a different location to test for interference. If none of that works, perhaps your meter has an issue with its transmitter.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sekonic Wireless trigger Question

Chuck's right. Check your batteries in both the Sekonic and the Pocket Wizards, and then make sure that your PW antennae are not pointed horizontally toward the meter, or toward the triggering PW on your camera. They need to be either upright or crossed, but not pointing toward each other, to maximize their coverage. David Hobby recommends angling your Pocket Wizard antennae on your strobes at a 45 degree angle, so whether you're shooting horizontally or vertically, the camera's PW antenna will present itself to the strobes' PWs with the best shot at good coverage. My guess is that it's a battery problem in the Sekonic, though.

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:54 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.