Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              7       8       end
  

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!
  
 
stanj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


jcbenner wrote:
I wonder if demand will exceed initial supply? Would a pre-order today have a chance of getting a camera anywhere close to the April 22 initial release?


You WONDER?

In the history of ever, no 1D series camera met supply demands. That includes 1Ds series cameras. I can't imagine this being any different.



Mar 19, 2012 at 04:24 AM
jcbenner
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


Never before has another camera release from Canon seriously competed for segments of the 1-series buyers the way the 5DIII is, with a release just 30 days before the 1Dx and with similar AF, higher MP, 6 fps, it might take some of the wind out of the 1Dx sales frenzy. No?


stanj wrote:
You WONDER?

In the history of ever, no 1D series camera met supply demands. That includes 1Ds series cameras. I can't imagine this being any different.




Mar 19, 2012 at 04:48 AM
stanj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


I guess we'll find out. I had my pre-order in within the first hour of B&H accepting them, so we'll see how that pans out for me. I always managed to get my 1Ds's on the first day, we'll see this time


Mar 19, 2012 at 04:53 AM
jcbenner
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


I was able to get my 1Ds's the first day as well. Not this time. Indeed, we will find out.


Mar 19, 2012 at 05:08 AM
kaycephoto
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


for those still on the fence (myself included, somewhat), walked into my preferred camera store in Toronto today & had a casual chat with an exp'd salesperson.. i asked about how their 5D3 pre-orders were doing, if they had them in stock out back, then told him how i was sticking to the 1Ds3 & 1D4 i already have for now regardless of the 5D3s..

he nodded, then his EXACT words were: "yea, that's just the 5D3s though.. no real reason to move on those. the 1DX's though? THAT will be a GAME-CHANGER this summer. everything I've heard or seen indicates that Canon really aimed for the 1DX to be THAT camera."

gave me the chills a little bit, mostly because this store isn't the type to try & sell unnecessary gear to ppl like me.. never once has anyone (owner, exp'd salespeople there) ever tried bs'ing me in any way, the owner even suggests for me to buy accessories online from B&H instead & regularly asks about my new used-gear purchases in terms of lenses whenever i'm in there.. and it sounded like this salesperson himself, along with many of the other senior staff in the store, couldn't wait to get their hands on the 1DX

kinda hoping what he said turns out not to be true, so i don't have to drop $8000 after taxes on a body hah.. but.. damn.. going to be an interesting summer as the 1DX + long telephoto mkII photos start rolling in from London, etc.. to everyone who's pre-ordered, lucky you hope don't get bit by the bug shortly haha



Mar 21, 2012 at 07:45 AM
dKweddings.net
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


kaycephoto wrote:
for those still on the fence (myself included, somewhat), walked into my preferred camera store in Toronto today & had a casual chat with an exp'd salesperson.. i asked about how their 5D3 pre-orders were doing, if they had them in stock out back, then told him how i was sticking to the 1Ds3 & 1D4 i already have for now regardless of the 5D3s..

he nodded, then his EXACT words were: "yea, that's just the 5D3s though.. no real reason to move on those. the 1DX's though? THAT will be a GAME-CHANGER this summer. everything I've heard or seen indicates
...Show more

I enjoyed reading that story.

My response: It depends on what you're looking for. Answers below are in regards to what I've been looking for:

5DIII is a game changer in itself. Finally we have a really good AF system, with tons of AF points, AND dual memory card. The 5DIII is a huge leap in my opinion.

1Dx is a game changer because it's going to be the low light monster that Canon never had.




Mar 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM
dmanky
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


Pre-ordered! This will be my first 1D series camera... excited.


Mar 21, 2012 at 09:53 PM
kaycephoto
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


dKweddings.net wrote:
I enjoyed reading that story.

My response: It depends on what you're looking for. Answers below are in regards to what I've been looking for:

5DIII is a game changer in itself. Finally we have a really good AF system, with tons of AF points, AND dual memory card. The 5DIII is a huge leap in my opinion.

1Dx is a game changer because it's going to be the low light monster that Canon never had.


for sure the 5DIII is a huge leap for anyone not already shooting on 1-series bodies.. the 5DIII to me is what i always wished the 5DII was for sure, no doubt about it.

apparently 1DX files at base ISO all the way up to the extended high-ISO values will be something we've never seen before though.. can't wait to see how it all pans out even if I'm not planning on buying one now - i love progress! if it's everything people are hoping it is & more, i might have to part with one of my already-excellent bodies towards the end of the year..



Mar 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM
yellowducky
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


I am surprised they announced this so much earlier than the 5d3 yet its release is actually after. That said I am still sitting on the fence even though I could probably get my hands on a 5d3 so its not like its costing them any sales.


Mar 22, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Edward Rotberg
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


anthony whitmo wrote:
Preordered the new EF 600 and 1 D X Weeks ago

I am dying to see the FF files at highers ISO's of the 1 D X

For wildlife shooters the extra FPS and Improved ISO performance will hopefully be worth the $$$. It will be interesting to compare the Mark IV, 5 D II files against the 1 D X.

If everyone would EMAIL Canon to get them moving faster I'd appreciate it




Ant,

Yer an equipment slut - face it. Now I will have to drool all over a brand new set of gear. Sheesh!

= Ed =



Mar 22, 2012 at 09:13 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #11 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


Edward Rotberg wrote:
Ant,

Yer an equipment slut - face it. Now I will have to drool all over a brand new set of gear. Sheesh!

= Ed =







+1 on the slut comment



Mar 24, 2012 at 02:35 AM
anthony whitmo
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #12 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


Edward Rotberg wrote:
Ant,

Yer an equipment slut - face it. Now I will have to drool all over a brand new set of gear. Sheesh!

= Ed =



LMAO Your funny Ed

I'll let you touch it...........

And the 1DX and 600 too




Mar 24, 2012 at 04:09 AM
anthony whitmo
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


Conrad Tan wrote:

+1 on the slut comment


Stop it Conrad your embarrassing me....... Again.....

Just like on our trip to Africa and Bosque

I can't take you any where



Mar 24, 2012 at 04:11 AM
Stoffer
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


I posted about somme new test shots - amongst a 12.800 ISO and a 6400 ISO but anybody replied, so here it is for those still interested in the EOS-1D X after the 5D III release:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1097550




Mar 24, 2012 at 02:41 PM
yellowducky
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #15 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


The 12,800 lion one is absolutely acceptable to me. I suspect so would 25,600 based off of that. Definitely leaning toward a 1Dx over a 5d3.


Mar 25, 2012 at 04:05 AM
outlawyer
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


Maybe the MP race is finally over. I sure don't hear any complaints about the "low" number on this camera.
18 on FF would seem just about ideal from my experience.



Mar 27, 2012 at 09:33 PM
yellowducky
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


I doubt its over; down the road when we have more powerful computers with more storage and processing power, handling bigger and bigger files will be routine - and by then, sensor tech will probably have improved along with it.

I am a bit envious of the 5d3's megapixel count which is the only thing that really has me thinking about it over the 1Dx. I am upgrading from a 5d classic so 50% more pixels is nice but double seems like more of a proper upgrade for having waited this long.



Mar 28, 2012 at 05:20 AM
katakefalos
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #18 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


The photos at high iso are not so good also the model taken with flash is toooo much compressed.A preproduction model but the photos are not good.


Mar 28, 2012 at 09:25 AM
Stoffer
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #19 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


yellowducky wrote:
I am a bit envious of the 5d3's megapixel count which is the only thing that really has me thinking about it over the 1Dx.


Well, the difference isn't really that big. You get 11 percent more pixels horizontally and 11 percent more vertically. That equals 23 percent more pixels in total, but think of it this way: If a certain element in the picture is defined by 10 pixels horizontally i 1D X, it will be defined by 11 pixels i 5D Mark III. Not a massive diff in my book.



Mar 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
stanj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #20 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!


yellowducky wrote:
I am a bit envious of the 5d3's megapixel count which is the only thing that really has me thinking about it over the 1Dx.

Stoffer wrote:
Well, the difference isn't really that big. You get 11 percent more pixels horizontally and 11 percent more vertically. That equals 23 percent more pixels in total, but think of it this way: If a certain element in the picture is defined by 10 pixels horizontally i 1D X, it will be defined by 11 pixels i 5D Mark III. Not a massive diff in my book.


Agreed. The 1Ds2 was just fine for most things. Now if the difference were 18 vs. 42MP, it may be a different story, but 18 vs. 22 is a non-issue.



Mar 29, 2012 at 04:28 AM
1       2      
3
       4              7       8       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              7       8       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password