Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              7       8       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

ifxbonz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

My order is in! Thanks for the heads up and link Fred!

OUCH ! ! ! ! That was painful !

Now should I sell my mk4 for the 5d3....Humm.
I really like the idea of having a 1.3 crop mk4 and a FF instead of 2 FF cameras.....Maybe not, I'm so torn.

Andy

Mar 15, 2012 at 05:10 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Don't you think you'd be better off with 1DIV and 1DX ? .

ifxbonz wrote:
My order is in! Thanks for the heads up and link Fred!

OUCH ! ! ! ! That was painful !

Now should I sell my mk4 for the 5d3....Humm.
I really like the idea of having a 1.3 crop mk4 and a FF instead of 2 FF cameras.....Maybe not, I'm so torn.

Andy

Mar 15, 2012 at 06:27 PM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

PhotoGunny wrote:
Waiting for the wife to wake up so that I can explain why we have to get rid of her car. Will be purchased momentarily.

Don't forget to tell her about all savings that you guys will realize from not having to pay for her car's insurance premium, gas (soon at $5/gallon,) maintenance and repairs--all of which could be used towards more lenses and photo gear for you!!!

Mar 15, 2012 at 08:46 PM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

kewlcanon wrote:
Don't you think you'd be better off with 1DIV and 1DX ? .

That's my dilemma ! What do I do ! My original thought was to have the 1.3 mk4 and FF Dx, but..... I could sell the mk4 buy 5d3 and be ahead money wise and use the 5d3 as a back up and have a nice travel camera.

Andy

Mar 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arnold1 wrote:
Don't forget to tell her about all savings that you guys will realize from not having to pay for her car's insurance premium, gas (soon at $5/gallon,) maintenance and repairs--all of which could be used towards more lenses and photo gear for you!!!

Just slip her a mickey and buy her a bus ticket ... just kidding

Mar 15, 2012 at 09:12 PM
jaybird555
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Schlotkins wrote:
If there was f8 AF, I would probably buy this... well, and if I had money to burn.

What do you mean f8 AF

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Schlotkins wrote:
If there was f8 AF, I would probably buy this... well, and if I had money to burn.

jaybird555 wrote:
What do you mean f8 AF

The 1DX doesn't focus at f8. Say a 600/4 with a 2x TC.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM
dwweiche
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

ifxbonz wrote:
That's my dilemma ! What do I do ! My original thought was to have the 1.3 mk4 and FF Dx, but..... I could sell the mk4 buy 5d3 and be ahead money wise and use the 5d3 as a back up and have a nice travel camera.

Andy

If I had the money (I do NOT!), I would keep a 1DIV vs. another FF for reach-limited situations. You can add TC's up to f/8 and still have center point AF and also get the crop advantage.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM
yellowducky
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Yup, decisions decisions. I am honestly kinda stuck. I like the idea of the 1dx build quality for weather sealing etc and the built in battery grip (having never had a 1 series before either). I seriously have no need for fps though (I never use burst mode) and the 5d3 has more megapixels which would be better for my primary shooting style of landscape stuff. The money, albeit significant, isn't a deal breaker as I have been holding off with my 5d for these bodies to come along.

Things that make you go hmmmm (and no, both is not an option )

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:03 AM
Gib Robinson
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

anthony whitmo wrote:
Preordered the new EF 600 and 1 D X Weeks ago

I am dying to see the FF files at highers ISO's of the 1 D X

For wildlife shooters the extra FPS and Improved ISO performance will hopefully be worth the $$$. It will be interesting to compare the Mark IV, 5 D II files against the 1 D X.

If everyone would EMAIL Canon to get them moving faster I'd appreciate it

+1

Along with good IQ at higher ISO's, I am hoping for really compelling IQ at 160 -- vivid, accurate color, rich detail.

I rarely need high fps but as a 1DIV owner and the past owner of a 1DIII, I am addicted to pro bodies. Well-designed, solid camera equipment helps keep me "focused" as a photographer. I expect to sell my 1DIV and a couple of Leica R lenses to get the 1DX. I am assuming that the 1D X image quality will equal or surpass that of the 5DIII. If not, I will revisit my pre-order.

--Gib

Mar 16, 2012 at 07:46 AM
PhotoGunny
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

ifxbonz wrote:
Just slip her a mickey and buy her a bus ticket ... just kidding

To be perfectly honest....she told me that if that is what I want to get it. I have been saving for a long time to finally get an upgrade to my 30D. As a Marine, my paychecks don't come close to covering the cost without saving for a while. Thanks for the laughs.

Mar 16, 2012 at 07:49 AM
Robert Carr
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

PhotoGunny wrote:
To be perfectly honest....she told me that if that is what I want to get it. I have been saving for a long time to finally get an upgrade to my 30D. As a Marine, my paychecks don't come close to covering the cost without saving for a while. Thanks for the laughs.

Remember, you only go around once and you being in the military, should know that life can change in an instance...go for it and dont look back !

Mar 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I figure it this way, parents in our area pay about 10k to send 1 kid to catholic hs each year and I have no kids so I'm still way ahead of all of them hahahahaha

Mar 16, 2012 at 04:06 PM
anthony whitmo
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

The f/8 Issue isn't written in stone. After many calls to Canon CPS and talking to a few other folks in contact with Canon Reps it sounds like Canon is seriously re-considering the non-focus at f/8 Issue.

It's a few lines of code written in the firmware. They may change it before the release of the 1Dx or any time after with a firmware update.

Keep your fingers crossed and continue complaining to Canon

Mar 16, 2012 at 04:13 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

stanj wrote:

Well, that SUCKS

Mar 16, 2012 at 06:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

stanj wrote:

What if you tape the pins?

Mar 16, 2012 at 07:39 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Schlotkins wrote:

jaybird555 wrote:
What do you mean f8 AF

stanj wrote:

Fred Miranda wrote:
What if you tape the pins?

Can't say I tried; I don't own either the 1DX, 600/4, nor a 2x TC

Mar 16, 2012 at 08:59 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

stanj wrote:
Can't say I tried; I don't own either the 1DX, 600/4, nor a 2x TC

It will work if you trick the camera thinking there is no extender. Just tape the 3 pins on the lefthand side. It will work but AF may be slower and less accurate.
Fred

Mar 16, 2012 at 09:34 PM
PhotoGunny
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Robert Carr wrote:
Remember, you only go around once and you being in the military, should know that life can change in an instance...go for it and dont look back !

To be honest, I think I am going to wait a bit longer. I have tried to read everything I could possibly find about the 1Dx and a few more months won't make a difference anyway. I figure I will wait and see what other reviews come out about it after people start to get their hands on it. Thoughts?

I just want to make sure that this is the right way to go, considering it will be an upgrade that will have to last me for years. There is no way that I will be able to afford another body for a while after this. I have also thought about going with the 5D Mk III and get two of them as a backup camera.

(Edited) Robert, I just noticed you have Cincinnati in your profile. I grew up there before deciding the Marine Corps was how I wanted to spend my life. Sure miss Skyline!

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
jcbenner
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I wonder if demand will exceed initial supply? Would a pre-order today have a chance of getting a camera anywhere close to the April 22 initial release?

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.