New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Charlie's Fault - photowagen

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Charlie's Fault - photowagen

Charlie's been showing off all his old VWs. Well this one is still pretty much basic and still running: 82 Wesfalia. Well not completely basic: nice wheels, homemade bumpers, oh and the Subaru engine in back. Goes almost anywhere - faster than it once did. And yes, that's what color everything was here in the middle of the winter.

Robert

Mar 07, 2012 at 09:34 PM
Al Rohrer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Charlie's Fault - photowagen

Nice!

Mar 10, 2012 at 01:17 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Charlie's Fault - photowagen

Robert- this is a cool camping rig... with the same frontal protection my air-cooled jobbies had .
Looks like you added a special tire rack to free some space inside.
And the Subaru engine has got to be an improvement in all ways.
Charlie

Mar 10, 2012 at 02:20 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Charlie's Fault - photowagen

Charlie and Al,

I am - unfortunately an old VW sucker. I really thought I was recovering - really! Hadn't touched one in years. Swore them off forever after one more "classic VW position" i.e. dead on the side of the road

My girl friend inherited a small amount of money and wanted a discreet camper of some sort. (Not an RV!) I very stupidly mentioned that old Westfalias were neat.

Several thousand dollars and a lot of hours later - not to mention busted knuckles, blood, and no small amount of VW repair "Technical Language" (known to others as "cursing like a sailor), this beasty took to the road. The Surbaru engine really solves all of my old complaints about the "Wasserboxers." I wanted to go with a desert camo paint job. You see the result. (And she said she wanted discreet.)

Charlie can't imagine what sort of vehicle safety issue you are worried about. Quarter inch of good Bosch glass will stop a semi - right?

Robert

Mar 14, 2012 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.