Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · iPhoto for new iPad limited to 19MP photos? (may not matter for all i kn...

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · iPhoto for new iPad limited to 19MP photos? (may not matter for all i know though)

why
Would an extension to 22 or 24MP have killed it? (or 36MP for D800 users?)

Hopefully Apple gives enough control so that third party apps can allow for 1:1 zoom and proper handling of larger photos....

19MP locks out EOS 5D2,5D3,Nikon D800/D800E,D3X,the 24MP Sony cam, etc.

I have to say I have never used an iPad before so I am pretty vague about how much and in what ways they restrictively lock things down. I think they make it tough for apps to access files in other directories and other things that would seem to be annoying. But again I don't really know too much about the details.

It's possibly is doesn't matter much, for all I know most people wouldn't want to use iPhoto anyway and basic viewers and such are not limited to 19MP.

Mar 07, 2012 at 02:08 PM
wsmeyer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · iPhoto for new iPad limited to 19MP photos? (may not matter for all i know though)

I installed it on my iPad2 last night. I can import the RAW CR2 files and they do show up in iPhoto but it only displays the JPEG embedded in the RAW file, which on my 5DII is only ~ 6MP. If someone can link me to a smaller RAW file I'll import it and see what happens.

William.

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:15 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.