New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Suggestions on Gear

DJmin07

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Suggestions on Gear

I'm a amateur photographer who is coming off hiatus and looking to pickup some DSLR equipment, just a beginner kit. My forte is wildlife/outdoor/landscape photography sometimes delving into candid/portrait photography. I know I definitely want a lens that I can use for wildlife photography but I also want something short for walk around/landscape type stuff. I was thinking of either a 5D or 7D as a body. For a short lens I believe good things have been said for the Tamron 17-50 2.8, but I remember whether that was one of the lenses where it was hit or miss on whether you got a good copy. The longer lens is my biggest dilemma. I would like a 100-400 4-5.6 for the flexibility but thats also the most expensive option and money is an issue. My second option is the 400 5.6. I also want to add a 1.4x TC. Question: would I be able to get away with a 70-200 or 70-300 or would the lack of telephoto at the end leave me frustratingly wanting on too many occasions? I know I'm the only one who could say for sure but for wildlife photographers who have been in this position could you answer based on experience?

Mar 04, 2012 at 07:05 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Suggestions on Gear

You'll get more suggestions by posting this in the Canon-mount SLRs Forum.

Mar 05, 2012 at 06:13 AM
DJmin07

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Suggestions on Gear

Ok, thank you for the tip, I will do that

Mar 05, 2012 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.