New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gray Muslins and Gels?

HawaiianOnline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gray Muslins and Gels?

If you use a gray muslin with a pattern in it, will the pattern show up if you're using a gelled backdrop light? I'm interested in getting this patterned muslin from Amazon and I'm wondering how well the pattern would show up if I'm using gels. I suppose that the color of the gels will matter too, but would darker colors wash out the pattern more or less compared to lighter color gels? Thanks!

Mar 04, 2012 at 06:47 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gray Muslins and Gels?

The fact the light is colored vs. white will not change the amount of light the different tone in pattern reflects, only the color. As with white light the more or less gelled light you hit it with the lighter / darker the pattern will be.

Turn all the lights off and it will be uniformly black.

Mar 04, 2012 at 07:10 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gray Muslins and Gels?

When you buy tht, leet me know how it is.

I have a fantastic charcoal colored silver lake one, but I often do not need 10x20 foot when I'm going into an office or whatever.

I've been looking into the twist flex background for those head shots.

Mar 05, 2012 at 11:19 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gray Muslins and Gels?

HawaiianOnline wrote:
If you use a gray muslin with a pattern in it, will the pattern show up if you're using a gelled backdrop light?

Unless you overexpose your background until it glows like the sun, the pattern will certainly be evident.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 07, 2012 at 04:20 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gray Muslins and Gels?

let's see if this works, I thought immediately about this background with the yellow gel on it, the gray pattern still shows, and of course you are also seeing the background is loosely hanging and not tight across the background stand, anyway, hope that helps

http://www.sherijohnsonphotography.net/Photo-Booth/Photo-Booth/i-T9GDd7x/0/M/20110212190333-M.jpg

Mar 07, 2012 at 06:30 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.