Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Need help with a theme...

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Need help with a theme...

A few months back, I saw a blog post from another photographer that incorporated chalk boards, desks and such as the couple shared a interest in a "school" theme.

Well, I've got a couple that wants to do an engagement with a theme around "trees/nature" and "words". He's into nature. She's a proposal writer. They're both nerdy. (I mean that in a very good way.)

I have a beautiful location picked out. It's a nice golf course with amazing naturescapes for him, but I need ideas on how to incorporate the theme words. The first that's come to mind is Scrabble or crosswords.

Anyone got any cool ideas?

Feb 28, 2012 at 07:15 PM
Wolfe_boy
• • •
p.1 #2 · Need help with a theme...

An old fashioned typewriter.

Doing a crossword together under a tree.

Or playing Words with Friends on an iPad.

Simply reading under a tree, or in a beam of sunlight on a blanket. Maybe find a beautiful stack of leather-bound books to use as props. Or a pair of Kindles, which would be infinitely less photogenic.

Feb 28, 2012 at 07:45 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Need help with a theme...

Scrabble/crosswords on a picnic plaid blanket is on the list. It just seemed so generic.

Feb 28, 2012 at 08:23 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Need help with a theme...

Old book pages... Like torn out. Or love letters?

Feb 28, 2012 at 08:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

GCasey
• • •
p.1 #5 · Need help with a theme...

A local park, some spring flowers will be or are already blooming, beside a small stream, an arboretum nearby, potted plants, or a nursery, for nature ideas.

A words emphasis might include some iconic signs, a building (or even a large billboard) that houses or highlights the cause/business she writes proposals for, a library.

Feb 28, 2012 at 08:39 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #6 · Need help with a theme...

http://finishingtoucheventdesign.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-inspired-engagement-session.html

This is a cool idea. I'm sure they're glued together somehow though, to keep everything from blowing away.

Feb 28, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Inga
• • •
p.1 #7 · Need help with a theme...

Love the suggestion of an old typewriter!

Feb 29, 2012 at 01:05 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Need help with a theme...

Can you do a tie in with the whole proposal writing / engagement i.e. do a mock proposal for 'a proposal'

Feb 29, 2012 at 01:30 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password