Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Me at the local NASanonymous meeting...

mtdydobe
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Me at the local NASanonymous meeting...

(for context, see buy/sell for D700 activity... )

hi, my name is Michael. I have NAS. And I am one of those suckers that PT Barnum spoke of. Recently I bought a used D700 here on FM for over $2100, and now the D700 price is dropping and the real cool people are snagging used D700's for almost free.

<steps away from podium, head hung in shame>

Feb 27, 2012 at 02:04 PM
Taoguy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Me at the local NASanonymous meeting...

You should remember this, you can always pay too much for a good product and just be out the overage you paid, however anything paid for a poor performing product is too much. Take a small aspirin and go out & do some picture making. You got yourself a good product.

Gerard

Feb 27, 2012 at 02:26 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Me at the local NASanonymous meeting...

Taoguy wrote:
You should remember this, you can always pay too much for a good product and just be out the overage you paid, however anything paid for a poor performing product is too much. Take a small aspirin and go out & do some picture making. You got yourself a good product.

Gerard

+1

You've bought a great camera. Enjoy it!

I recall the day last year when I found a parking ticket on the windshield of my car. At first I was angry, belittling myself for not paying attention. Then I caught myself. It was a liberating moment when I realized the price of the parking ticket was much less than what I paid a therapist for an hour of her time when I was trying to relieve myself of a lifelong tendency to beat myself up for being less than perfect. Life is too short to waste ANY energy on second guessing ourselves about decisions we've made that don't pan out as we'd hoped they would.

The used D700 will treat you every bit as well at $2,100 than a new one would at $2,199 IF you were fortunate enough to actually find one at that price. I bought a used D700 with just under ten thousand shutter actuations and have been overjoyed with its performance for two years. It will doubtless give me great pleasure for many years to come.

Feb 27, 2012 at 04:55 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Me at the local NASanonymous meeting...

I have an NAS also. It's a QNAP, what's yours?

Feb 27, 2012 at 07:19 PM
mtdydobe
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Me at the local NASanonymous meeting...

oh, I love the camera. I would have spent $2400 on it. My OP was a little sarcastic given the recent posts in Buy/Sell around D700.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.