Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A whole new world for me...better late than never.

allstarimaging
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A whole new world for me...better late than never.

I've always been a Nikon shooter and like many on this forum I was looking for a lighter camera with high IQ, good high ISO performance, and the ability to shoot limited depth of field images. After spending a weekend in NYC recently and shooting with my iphone all weekend I realized how much I liked the portabliity, and framing everything with one focal length. As a result I became committed to buying an alternative to my my Nikon DSLR and Nikon pro glass for travel and general use.

At the suggestion of several members on this board I purchase a used Fuji X100 off of the buy/sell here on FM. It arrived today and after spending some time learning the menus and features I played around and took a few snaps with it. My inital impression is I really like the size, image quality and high ISO performance and color. Takes a bit of getting used to but the results are impressive for such a small package.

Thanks you to the members who offered their input on the gear and suggested extra items (batteries, case, etc)

Few snaps from today nothing great but I'm liking what I'm seeing. The bike was shot in B&W mode. Thanks again.

Jack

FinePix X100    23mm    f/5.6    1/30s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

FinePix X100    23mm    f/2.0    1/60s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

FinePix X100    23mm    f/4.0    1/120s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 26, 2012 at 03:53 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A whole new world for me...better late than never.

In other words, you like high-quality imagery that comes out of small package?

Just you wait - this market is "pubescent" and hasn't fully developed. There will be many more cameras to come.

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:16 AM
millsart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A whole new world for me...better late than never.

Hope it serves you well

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:17 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password