New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · New York City Photo Guide/Tour

mspencer1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New York City Photo Guide/Tour

I'll be traveling to New York City for business. I'll be there for 5 days but will not have much free time and would like to maximize my photography experience. I would appreciate any recommendations for photo guides/tours in New York City with a flexible schedule.

Margaret

Feb 22, 2012 at 09:24 AM
Skarkowtsky
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New York City Photo Guide/Tour

Don't know of any tours, though I would take the F train into Brooklyn, get off at the first stop in BK, York St (DUMBO). You will be at the foot of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges, with a view of the downtown skyline. Good pizza and a French bakery, too. Grimaldi's, and Almondine.

If you choose, you can walk into Manhattan over the Brooklyn bridge, with lots of photo opportunities along the way.
Once back in the city, you can get on the uptown 6 train, getting off at the Met Museum, and one of many entrances into Central Park. If you'd prefer, you can take the A, C, E line to the other side of the park, instead of the 6. This will put you in Lincoln Center, and with a short stroll, you'll land at the park, and also the Imagine Circle.

If you're really feeling adventurous, head up to Washington Heights, and onto the grounds of Fort Tyron Park. It's also home to the Cloisters Museum of Medieval Art.

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM
mspencer1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New York City Photo Guide/Tour

This is very helpful and exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

Margaret

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM
mspencer1
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New York City Photo Guide/Tour

Does anyone have any experience with http://www.photowalkabouts.com/
It looks like they are able to set up private tours which will probably work out best with my schedule.

Margaret

Feb 23, 2012 at 09:29 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.