New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 400mm 2.8L MKII question

HollywoodGT

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 400mm 2.8L MKII question

Thought I'd turn to the professionals. I have a fairly good collections of L kens and would like to add a long lens. I cam across a older version 400mm 2.8L mkII. Which does not have the IS feature. The lens will be used for nature..eagles, car races and some sports. It's pristine in condition and date code is 1998.

Any thought....It a good deal, however I don;t want to buy it and be sorry I didn't step up and buy a IS. It;s not a matter of money.....but its a lens that isn't used a ton.

Thank you in advance

Feb 21, 2012 at 08:52 PM
gadget_

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 400mm 2.8L MKII question

Parts will be hard to come by if it breaks, but that will be the same for the IS version 1 in a few years after the IS II is more popular. Otherwise if you can live without the IS there is nothing wrong with the image quality.

Check prices. If it's a good deal and it's hardly used you should defnitely consider it!

Feb 21, 2012 at 08:59 PM
HollywoodGT

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 400mm 2.8L MKII question

Thanks gadget ...did some more research and it's not worth the money. I found places that are even local that work on them, but for the money, weight factor it's not worth saving a few bucks to settle.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.