Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Need Help Making Decisions!!

kywaterfowler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need Help Making Decisions!!

At the end of the month I am getting my bonus from work and I will have about $2500 to work with and I need help deciding on what to spend my money on. I currently do real estate photography on the side with my Nikon D80 and my Nikon 12-24mm f/4. I am wanting to replace my body with an updated body and I would like to start building my collection of FX lens for my switch to an FX body. Until I get my lens collection up to FX speed I would like to get a D7000 and a Nikon 24-120mm f/4. When I make the FX jump I need to get a Nikon 16-35mm f/4 to cover my 12-24mm for real estate photos. Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:13 PM
workerdrone
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need Help Making Decisions!!

Why have you selected the 24-120 f4? That sounds like more of a walkaround lens to me than a moneymaking lens - I know I had the 24-105L when I was shooting Canon and it just did nothing for me somehow, I much preferred primes and the 70-200L.

How much quality and sharpness do you need for the RE photography, are you shooting photos for MLS listings or do you need shots that you can blow up large and really see all the detail? Thinking that you could get the older 24-120 VR for probably $200-250 and it's really not THAT bad a lens

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM
kywaterfowler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need Help Making Decisions!!

I wanted the 24-120 f/4 VR to get rid of my current walk around lens which is the kit lens that came with the D80. I would use the D7000 and my existing 12-24mm to continue to shoot houses and then once I have enough money saved up to get a used 16-35 f/4 I would get that to replace my 12-24 to use on whatever FX body I get. I would like to have a 70-200 lens, but I have a buddy of mine that has one and if I needed one I can just use his.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.