New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

SCShooter
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

Can someone clue me in on the best way to view and transfer images on an IPAD. I am already networked via a WFT2a with my wired network at home and have an adhoc network established for my laptop and although I know there is a way to view and set up a connection on an IPAD, I cant figure it out... I have an older version of the IPAD so I have to assume the connection will have to be ADHOC as well, which is fine... just not a networking expert... Can anyone out there in geek land throw an old guy a bone on this one?

thanks

Doug

ps, since I am not enitrely sure where to post this.. I am gonna put in a couple forums here.. I will delete later... thanks

Feb 18, 2012 at 08:24 PM
ggOk
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

i see that you have smugmug account.. download smugmug app and sync... voila~

at least that's what I'm doing.

/r
Andy

Feb 18, 2012 at 09:36 PM
SCShooter
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

Andy is that an adhoc? Many of my shooting scenarios are not accessed to internet at all.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM
SCShooter
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

i just checked the app and unless I missed it, saw nothing about adhoc transfers??

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM
x0SiN0x

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

what about an eye-fi card? Id probably set the camera to record a small JPEG on the sd card though

Feb 19, 2012 at 08:53 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

I guess there must be a way to set up the WTF to communicate directly with the iPad . If not then you can get pocket self powered routers that allow you to set up your own personal network.

With the eyefi card it allows you to send directly to the iPad . I've seen it used with an app called shuttersnitch .

But you could be way over thinking it. Unless you 'NEED' to send files on the fly you can just get the camera connection kit that plugs into the iPad. It comes in 2 parts , 1 takes an SD card the other a USB cable .

With anything to the iPad I would just not bother with the Raw files and just send jpegs . You don't even need very large ones to look good on the iPad.
The one good thing about using a body that can write different formats to one card is being able to send just the jpegs.
Raw files on the iPad are a real pain . There are a couple of apps that are good with them (snapseed is great) but you really don't need raw on the iPad.

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:20 AM
boshek
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

I am using eye fi with my d7000. Sends both RAW(thumbnail) and jpegs within a minute or so. so far so good. I bought the pro card so RAW files will go also.

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:28 AM
Dave R.
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

SCShooter wrote:
Can someone clue me in on the best way to view and transfer images on an IPAD. I am already networked via a WFT2a with my wired network at home and have an adhoc network established for my laptop and although I know there is a way to view and set up a connection on an IPAD, I cant figure it out... I have an older version of the IPAD so I have to assume the connection will have to be ADHOC as well, which is fine... just not a networking expert... Can anyone out there in geek land throw
...Show more

Have you tried contacting Apple support? You can make an appointment at an Apple store thats is free and get advice and direction from them.

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:33 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

boshek wrote:
I am using eye fi with my d7000. Sends both RAW(thumbnail) and jpegs within a minute or so. so far so good. I bought the pro card so RAW files will go also.

Why do you need both to go to the iPad?
I have an iPad and have tried various apps and stuff and have come to the conclusion that raw is pointless . It takes up valuable space on the iPad for no reall benefit.

Even worse , on the iPad there is Basicly no way to separate a raw file from its jpeg (shooting raw + jpeg) .

Love my iPad but as a photo tool it is the most crippled device I can imagine.

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:37 AM
swingthis1
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1dmk4 using IPAD

I am using the Ipad 2 with the eyefi card/app to send my small jpeg files to the ipad ad hoc. Just need to read instructions that come with eyefi on setup to make it work well.

Very handy.

scott

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:58 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.