New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gorgeous model

rezende

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gorgeous model

Gorgeous model of south Brazil. No retouch!!!

http://www.thebwcolors.com/2012/02/debora-maliuk-vibe-models-sem-retoques.html

Feb 14, 2012 at 04:20 PM
JoshuaD.FOTO
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gorgeous model

I know I am probably opening a can of worms here but I cannot be alone. Whats the point in the 'no re-touch' statements? This is an awesome set and a beautiful subject. Its great that the exposure was nailed and no retouching, even sharpening, was necessary; I know the purist will always talk about the demise of photography with the introduction of digital and PS, but isn't it just another tool for the trade? With someone who knows what they are doing behind the screen and on the tablet I have seen NUMEROUS examples of 'perfect' photos that were only made 'more-perfect' from various adjustments in PS.

Just a question, not really trying to stir the pot. I did however enjoy this set and her personality really shines through in these images.

Feb 14, 2012 at 05:18 PM
millerguy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gorgeous model

Hey JoshuaD, you are not opening a can of worms.

I have made statements on here before about hack photographers who are better at photoshop because they don't know how to use a camera. It is nice to see a set that is right out the camera rather than taken with the wrong settings because someone can fix them in another program.

Yes, some shots, no matter what, are going to require some form of photoshopping to achieve the disired end result, but too many so called photographers rely on computer manipulation due to lack of interest or knowledge to get the shot right the first time.............

Feb 14, 2012 at 05:54 PM
Oscar P.
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gorgeous model

Wooww! Excelent job. Thnx 4 sharing.

Feb 14, 2012 at 06:09 PM
rezende

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gorgeous model

I agree with both. I have nothing against photoshop, it helps me a lot. The Phtoshop is indispensable for advertising and editorial work for magazines. But I like to show the photos as they are too.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gorgeous model

but wait... if they arent retouched, then how are they black and white? did you shoot black and white jpegs? black and white film? if its film then they had to be scanned at some point and it would behoove you to touch em some how.

this idea of "photos as they are" is a complete fallacy. every step we take as a photographer moves us from the reality of the world we are capturing. be it the lens, the camera, the RAW converter (or even the jpeg engine in the camera), they all impart a "touch" on the image. lets not try to hide from the touch, but embrace it, because it is OUR touch that we are imparting. yes it can be overdone but when it is done right no one will no the better.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM
oracle0711
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gorgeous model

Why do we have to get into the definition of "retouching"? Should we not just enjoy the good works by our dear topic starter?

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:12 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gorgeous model

killersnowman wrote:
this idea of "photos as they are" is a complete fallacy. every step we take as a photographer moves us from the reality of the world we are capturing. be it the lens, the camera, the RAW converter (or even the jpeg engine in the camera), they all impart a "touch" on the image. lets not try to hide from the touch, but embrace it, because it is OUR touch that we are imparting. yes it can be overdone but when it is done right no one will no the better.

+1 to this.

For the film analogy, even the choice of film has an effect. Velvia is not a true reflection of the world.

Feb 15, 2012 at 07:36 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gorgeous model

She's pretty. Would like to see some color shots.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
rezende

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gorgeous model

The purpose of the blog photos are in black and white, JFinite. But you can see more photos on my flickr. In color.

http://www.flickr.com/rezendephotos

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:02 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gorgeous model

^ Oh. lol, got confused because the blog is named Black and white + colors.

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:12 PM
rezende

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gorgeous model

ahahahahahaha... this is the next step.

Feb 15, 2012 at 03:41 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.