New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · PayPal Question

cameron12x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PayPal Question

It appears that Paypal charges "about" 3% if you want to send money to someone as a "gift."

Upon receipt, does the receive also pay a fee of some sort? Or is that money free to deposit into their regular bank account?

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PayPal Question

No, you just paid the 'fees' for them. Funds are ready to use but actual transfer to the
bank account can take usually take 2-4 business days.

Feb 12, 2012 at 07:01 AM
bin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PayPal Question

cameron12x wrote:
It appears that Paypal charges "about" 3% if you want to send money to someone as a "gift."

For gift payments, I believe you get charged the 3% only if you pay by credit card. If you use your bank account, there is no charge for gift payments.

And Will answered your question...

Feb 12, 2012 at 07:18 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · PayPal Question

Thanks, Binh. Yup, if it's available PP balance or out of tied in checking there is no charge.
Must add: know who you're dealing with as it's just like mailing cash...with no recourse if things head south.

Feb 12, 2012 at 07:49 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · PayPal Question

Know who you're dealing with in any case; if the seller can show Paypal evidence that they sent your item to any address at all, Paypal is satisfied. If they send it to a friend or relative at an address unrelated to the one you specify, it's tough luck. I know - this happened to me, and Paypal denied my claim since the seller showed that the item had been sent.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.