New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D7000 WB Problem

Goldenorfe
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D7000 WB Problem

hi everyone , a friend has asked me to post these shots she has taken with d7000 , i use canon & have no idea , cant work out whats wrong!

D7000 with sigma 150-500mm all shot in fairly bright conditions
firmware updated this week made no difference.

these are not good shots, just to show colour problem!

she is getting a strong colour cast when shooting in bright sun! Blue in auto wb , and Green in cloudy! my canon cloudy wb just produces a slight warm brownish look, nothing like these.

shooting in raw colour is ok, as pic #1

but shooting in jpgs in auto wb images are quite "cold" blue cast. look fine in dull weather but in sun , very cold blueish cast
shoots jpgs in rapid bursts , raw buffer not big enough i think.
nikon say because not using nikon lens!!!! as they would! lol but is same with different lens's

shooting in cloudy, which should warm up the image produces a green cast

full bright sun produced this

shots taken in cloudy wb actually look better than in auto or sunny
any ideas ?

Feb 08, 2012 at 03:09 PM
Doug Maclean
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D7000 WB Problem

Shoot in raw on auto wb....that simple.90% of the time it gets it right.the other 10% you can adjust to to any temperature you like.stupid simple. Doug

Feb 08, 2012 at 09:18 PM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D7000 WB Problem

I would check to see if the color settings on Auto WB have been adjusted by accident. Shooting menu > white balance > auto > auto normal > WB adjustment.

Feb 09, 2012 at 01:19 AM
camerapapi
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D7000 WB Problem

I have no experience with the D7000 but this is the first time I hear of someone having issues with the WB of the camera.
Nikon rates its sunny WB to something like 5200 K. Sometimes it works but many times it does not, at least in my part of the world. With my cameras I tend to get a blue cast even with sunny conditions. The cast is improved by the right exposure and fine tuning to make the file slightly warm. None of my cameras give me a green cast on cloudy days. I should say I use RAW for my shooting.
If the camera is under warranty I would certainly like to have someone at Nikon to check it. Make sure first you do not have the camera improperly set and cloudy WB makes sense with JPEG to warm the files slightly.
I hope the camera has been tested for a pre set WB to make sure it is working like it should.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Feb 09, 2012 at 07:18 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.