Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Which Nikon lens do you want to keep the most?

tarheel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Which Nikon lens do you want to keep the most?

OK, it's kind of a crazy "Subject" but I have been going through some thing difficult recently and it revealed to me which lens I really can't let go. I have shot with Nikon film and digital cameras since I was 21 years old - started with a Nikormat! I am 64 years old now and some health or more specifically eye problems are forcing me to make adjustments in life. Sure, cameras auto focus but you still need good or relatively good vision to shoot your best stuff and also to edit the files in the computer. I am due soon for my fourth operation on each eye and there is nothing that can be done to keep the steady decline of my vision from happening. So after months of agonizing over it I realized life has changes and I started selling my photo gear here on FM (and some other places but mostly here). I sold my Nikon 200-400 f4 about 18 months ago but in the past ten days I have sold my (all Nikon) 14-24, 24-70, 70-300 AFS VR model, 105 f2.8 D, 35 f2.0, 50 f1.8, SB-800 (2 of 'em) and lots of other stuff but I cannot bring myself to post my Nikon 70-200 AFS VR lens for sale. I love that lens. Hell, I don't even have a body to mount it on - I sold both my camera bodies. I know, I am crazy but I just need to know that one lens is in the closet just in case a miracle happens and I can once again see just good enough to fool around with photography. I didn't take my best photos with it - well some were taken with it but not a lot more than with other lenses I had. I just liked that lens on my camera more than any other lens I ever owned and even if I can't use it - it's going to sit in the closet 'cause I love it too much to give it up. Yes, I guess I am crazy and now my senseless rant is over!
Shoot lots of pictures, go lots of places, do lots of things - while you can - the clock on life is ticking..........

Feb 07, 2012 at 08:18 PM
LLondon
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Which Nikon lens do you want to keep the most?

Sorry about your eye problems. I may have my 200/2 buried with me.

Feb 07, 2012 at 08:22 PM
youngbill
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Which Nikon lens do you want to keep the most?

I keep telling my wife something similar. "Honey, I'm spending the money on camera gear now while I can enjoy it."

Sorry to hear about your eye problems. Let's hope some new technology will help aging eye site.

Bill

Feb 07, 2012 at 08:53 PM
camerapapi
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Which Nikon lens do you want to keep the most?

I am so sorry you are having serious problems with your eyesight. Let's hope the new technologies available to ophthalmologists will bring your vision back.
I can understand what you mean. I have an old 105 f2.5 Nikkor from 1969 that even being single coated is very capable of beautiful images.
As a gentleman already said, I will be buried with that lens.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Feb 07, 2012 at 10:53 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.