Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       5       end
  

Archive 2012 · Canon 24-70L II
  
 
Bruce Sawle
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 24-70L II




http://www.canonrumors.com/



Feb 06, 2012 at 04:11 PM
sqdstf
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 24-70L II


http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Press-Release/Tamron-24-70mm-f-2.8-Di-VC-USD-Lens.aspx




Feb 06, 2012 at 04:12 PM
timbop
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 24-70L II


unbelievable if true. Thank god tammy has the sense to fill the real market - WTF idiot decided on a stabilized 24mm or 28mm f/2.8 prime that will cost as much as the 24/1.4L


Feb 06, 2012 at 04:19 PM
evertdoorn
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 24-70L II


I don't see prices for those primes?


Feb 06, 2012 at 04:43 PM
lovinglife
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 24-70L II


That lens looks sweet!


Feb 06, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Bruce Sawle
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 24-70L II


82 mm filter thread yet lighter then version 1.


Feb 06, 2012 at 04:54 PM
h00ligan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 24-70L II


timbop wrote:
unbelievable if true. Thank god tammy has the sense to fill the real market - WTF idiot decided on a stabilized 24mm or 28mm f/2.8 prime that will cost as much as the 24/1.4L


Huh?



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:00 PM
matejphoto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 24-70L II


Bruce Sawle wrote:
82 mm filter thread yet lighter then version 1.


I actually prefer the 82mm filter.
It is the same as my 16-35 II and 24mm TS-e II. I wish the 70-200 IS II also had 82mm so it is all uniform.



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:00 PM
Snopchenko
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon 24-70L II


timbop wrote:
unbelievable if true. Thank god tammy has the sense to fill the real market - WTF idiot decided on a stabilized 24mm or 28mm f/2.8 prime that will cost as much as the 24/1.4L

The Canon marketing department, of course.



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:03 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon 24-70L II


sqdstf wrote:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Press-Release/Tamron-24-70mm-f-2.8-Di-VC-USD-Lens.aspx



I've been waiting for a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 IS, even better that its now 24mm on the wide end. Sweet.



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:20 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



surf monkey
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon 24-70L II


The primes seem silly. Who wants one of those?
The Tamron may be big competition for the new Canon 24-70. If the Tamron is close in performance, it may be difficult to justify the cost of the Canon, plus you get VC.



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:30 PM
ontime
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon 24-70L II


I don't see the prices for those primes either... where does it say they'll be as much as the 24L?


Feb 06, 2012 at 05:43 PM
surf monkey
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon 24-70L II


I guess there is some need for updated non-L wide primes. There have been a few threads on the subject. Shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss.

Edited on Feb 06, 2012 at 07:57 PM · View previous versions



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:43 PM
Bullseye5d2
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon 24-70L II


Well, as long as the tamron offers good enough iq for a full frame I'll bet getting that instead. Maybe canon should listen a bit more to what their customers want...


Feb 06, 2012 at 05:45 PM
4x4rock
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon 24-70L II


Let say Canon MKII is better than the old version, but the Tamon with VC is similar to the old one, then I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.


Feb 06, 2012 at 05:51 PM
timbop
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon 24-70L II


ontime wrote:
I don't see the prices for those primes either... where does it say they'll be as much as the 24L?


Of course the prices aren't posted, but based on the last 3 years' worth of "updates" the prices on those primes will skyrocket - and by adding IS they'll justify an even bigger hike. I exaggerate that they'll be the price of the 24L, but I guarantee they will be in the $700 to $800+ range.

I reiterate: f/2.8 wide primes with IS - WTF?



Feb 06, 2012 at 05:57 PM
S Dilworth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon 24-70L II


Bullseye5d2 wrote:
Maybe canon should listen a bit more to what their customers want...


Of 1741 customer reviews at B&H Photo, 935 list "Heavy" as a con. I think Canon is listening!



Feb 06, 2012 at 06:04 PM
michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon 24-70L II


timbop wrote:
unbelievable if true. Thank god tammy has the sense to fill the real market - WTF idiot decided on a stabilized 24mm or 28mm f/2.8 prime that will cost as much as the 24/1.4L


I'll second that.


surf monkey wrote:
I guess there is some need for updated non-L wide primes. There have been a few threads on the subject. Shouldn't have so quick to dismiss.


I hear many more people complaining about the 50 1.4 rather than the old 28 f/2.8.

An updated 50 1.4 with true ring USM would be a welcome update or how about a EF-S 30-35 f/1.8 like the Nikon?

But instead Canon makes a 24 f/2.8 with IS - that's just silly.



Feb 06, 2012 at 06:08 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon 24-70L II


timbop wrote:
Of course the prices aren't posted, but based on the last 3 years' worth of "updates" the prices on those primes will skyrocket - and by adding IS they'll justify an even bigger hike. I exaggerate that they'll be the price of the 24L, but I guarantee they will be in the $700 to $800+ range.

I reiterate: f/2.8 wide primes with IS - WTF?


No. That is okay. It is just to show "we have it" - nobody needs.
But a 24-70 2.8 zoom without is not understandable!



Feb 06, 2012 at 06:14 PM
surf monkey
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon 24-70L II


4x4rock wrote:
Let say Canon MKII is better than the old version, but the Tamon with VC is similar to the old one, then I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.


My guess is that the Tamron will better than their old 28-75 which was close to the old Canon. If it turns out to be better than the old Canon 24-70 in IQ, then I will have a difficult decision to make. In all likelihood the Canons will have the better AF, the area which the Tamron 28-75 was a bit slow. I can only guess that the omission of IS in the Canon means that the IQ must be better. Otherwise, why make it - lighter weight only wouldn't sell many lenses.
The choices we will have are a good thing and I can't wait to try them out.



Feb 06, 2012 at 06:14 PM
1
       2       3       4       5       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password