New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lightroom 3

Tamaku

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 3

Im new to lightroom 3
I have recently updated the program and now that has been updated I can't find most of the pics that were on there and it will show some, but they come up as file missing.
I would like to know how to find them and find out how to reset so I can carry on like it was before the up date .
Any advice would raelly help please.

Feb 03, 2012 at 02:51 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 3

How did you update? I'd expect the new catalog to point at the same file locations as the old catalog. Did you shift any images or their folders around without using Lr to do it ?

If you have not shifted the files at all then you can probably open a copy of your old catalog and the new Lr should convert it. Before doing that it might pay to reboot your computer and restart Lr, making sure that you're running the new one and not the old one.

If you have shifted your image files around or renamed folders then you made a mistake - shifting files should always be done within Lr to avoid the "missing files" problem. Perhaps you can tell what you did. If you simply renamed a single parent folder then it is very easily fixed. If you fiddled with lots of things then it may get messy.

- Alan

Feb 03, 2012 at 05:33 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 3

+1 - how did you update? I've never had trouble doing an in-place update.

Did you rename any folders outside of LR? LR will preserve the jpg previews but won't know where the source file is.

One thing you can try if you did NOT rename the folders is to sync the folder - the dialogue box will ask you if you want to look for missing images, check that and see what happens.

Feb 03, 2012 at 02:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.