FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Klamath W.L.R in 2 weeks

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Klamath W.L.R in 2 weeks

I will be in this CA/OR eaqles santuary in two weeks and will stay there for 3 or four days. I have reserved the blinds for 3 mornings. i intend to book a motel in Merrill, or.
For those who have been there and know this area well, I would appreciate some practical advices. i willl have with me d3,d7k and 120-300/2.8 = tcs.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:14 PM
randyfinley
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Klamath W.L.R in 2 weeks

drive around the auto loop many times, check the road signs for sitting eagles as you approach. If there is a spot of open water surrounded by lots of ice, and there are many geese there, eagles will follow. Look for coyote in the open fields around the auto loop in the morning. Go to nearby Tule Lake NWR and do the auto loop there too. At Lower Klamath NWR go to the Straits Unit and Township Rd and look for eagles there. Dont drive off the road in the straits units (youll get stuck). Get into the blind before sunrise (I didnt see much from th blind my last trip, had better luck from the road). Check the tops of telephone poles on the roads (I saw a golden eagle and a couple bald eagles on them close up).
Youll do fine with a 300 mm from the blind, but for the road Id prefer to rent a 500 or 600 mm lens, with a beanbag on teh car window (lensrentals.com or borrowlenses.com are an option). I LOVE that place, youll have a good time. Post your pics here when you get back! Good luck!

Randy

more eagle pics mostly from klamath on my blog here if youre curious : http://www.wildlifist.com/?cat=1

Edited on Mar 04, 2012 at 06:56 PM · View previous versions

Feb 01, 2012 at 12:20 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Klamath W.L.R in 2 weeks

thanks Randy, that is very useful info.
Bob

Feb 01, 2012 at 11:17 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.