FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · L&D 14 Update?

photomedic4321
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · L&D 14 Update?

Anybody have an update on Lock and Dam 14. Thinking about a road trip tomorrow but don't want to if the birds are not there and warmer weather has me nervous.

Jan 31, 2012 at 02:14 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · L&D 14 Update?

I have been there 5 times already since past December and have returned empty handed including last Saturday (28th). But there have been a few FMers here who have had luck in getting some fantastic shots in the past few weeks. Larry Williams posted a couple from the same day I missed getting even one decent photo, so it is also an incompetent me

Jan 31, 2012 at 02:29 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · L&D 14 Update?

With this warm-up, 52 degrees, It doesn't look good!!!!!!!!.......Mike

Jan 31, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Caleb Jeffers
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · L&D 14 Update?

I was there Sunday and yesterday .... Things are really slow compared to last year!
I think I'm going to wait til next year to go back ! Caleb

Jan 31, 2012 at 04:12 PM
itchhhh

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · L&D 14 Update?

I would encourage you NOT to go. With temps as high as they are, even if the the eagles are around the Lock, they won't be fishing. Last Saturday there were about 6 eagles and for the most part they just stayed in the trees looking back at us. I think this season (what little there was of it) is pretty much over.

Jan 31, 2012 at 04:24 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · L&D 14 Update?

OP : Mathew Studebaker (http://www.studebakerbirds.com/) will be there with his group of paid participants on 3,4,5 &6 of February. It seems it costs $950 per person.

I am more than sure that there will be lots of fish flying around if one is charging 950/person

I am now very tempted to return on of these dates as you can pretty much shoot from anywhere as it is a public place and I hope it is not cordoned off

Jan 31, 2012 at 05:27 PM
GalloimagesOH
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · L&D 14 Update?

I am leading a group of 23 photographers there this weekend. Heck, I like a challenge!

"Film at 11"...

Jan 31, 2012 at 08:47 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · L&D 14 Update?

"Film at 11" ? A movie reference ?

Feb 01, 2012 at 12:40 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.