Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #15 · What can't you live without? |
1. Less than full frame seems like a waste of lens coverage, yet I do a lot of work (the majority right now) with 1.3 crop.
2. The 1 series is my preference now, and I would hate to give it up for 5D, 7D, etc. Still, it could be retired and replaced with something better. I could get used to a slightly lighter, slightly smaller form body, as long as it was durable and performed.
3. Giving up raw would be anathema, like shooting film and putting it in a machine that scanned it destructively during development (this was tried, before digital capture proved its mettle and began to shove film out of the mainstream). Shooting jpeg can give world class results, but I want to have every bit () of the original data recorded by the camera.
4. Love MA, but I could live without it, especially if it became unnecessary due to developments in AF tech or QC.
5. Self-cleaning is great, but I managed without it, and would rather give that up than several other things.
6. Video? I hardly use it. It's a terrific feature for those who make the best of it, but I could give it up in exchange for just about anything that helped shooting stills.
7. I miss the flip-out LCD that my G-1 has, and wouldn't mind having it on a contemporary compact and maybe one DSLR body too. Maybe if it became a rugged feature of a FF 1 series, raw shooting, DSLR with self-cleaning and MA, I would wonder how I ever lived without it for ground level shooting.