New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lensbaby

dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lensbaby

A while back, Scott and I discussed Lensbaby photos. I think it's hard to come up with Lensbaby photos where the effect works. Anyway, here's some photos taken with the Lensbaby where I like the effect.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xpw15s4lbsU/TyXYZlgM_NI/AAAAAAAABEE/9FY51y7Jcb0/s800/Levi-%2526-Sawyer-Beach-Lensbaby-NIK.jpg" title="2024 © dmacmillan" class="swipebox">https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xpw15s4lbsU/TyXYZlgM_NI/AAAAAAAABEE/9FY51y7Jcb0/s800/Levi-%2526-Sawyer-Beach-Lensbaby-NIK.jpg">

Edited on Feb 01, 2012 at 03:31 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2012 at 06:52 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lensbaby

Looks better with red out and iris opened. It's funny, the first is the more standard "Lensbaby" look, but I too have problems with sharpness. It would be nice to have one area in focus. Levi, on OTOH, hardly looks "Lensbabied".

Jan 29, 2012 at 07:55 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lensbaby

First and third for me for lensbaby look. For the first, I am not sure the color adds much and you have a somewhat monochromatic image anyhow. I'd be tempted to let the selective focus run the show, and process as BW or toned.
Third is beautiful, IMO. I would crop somewhere on the right. To me the "echo" is a bit distracting and I'd simplify the image to the beautiful color play, gentle arc, and primary subject on the left. I really like this one!
Second, I agree, in the least lensbabyish, despite the subject!
Nice to see these!
Scott

Jan 29, 2012 at 09:18 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lensbaby

The color of the third is very nice.

Jan 29, 2012 at 09:36 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.