Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

I am not a tree hugger. I do not have a problem with hunting for food. But I do have a problem with THIS!....please be advised this is a very disturbing but absolutely factual video of trophy hunting of big cats, elephants, rhino etc. in Africa.
Eric

I have been so very fortunate to see the beauty that is Africa
http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Leopards-of-Kenya-and-Tanzania/A71D3320olivecloseup/848994883_D6UzU-X2.jpg

.this unfortunately is just the opposite.

Jan 27, 2012 at 08:08 AM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

TFS Eric, truly a sad story which is quite evident of our destruction of our natural wildlife resources.

Jan 27, 2012 at 08:17 AM
andyjh
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

The strangest part is that these "hunters" are so proud of themselves for killing captive animals inside a fenced enclosure. If they want to track a deer through the open woods I'll have a little more respect for that, but this is just stupid.

Jan 27, 2012 at 08:40 AM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

That's very disturbing Eric. I find it difficult to believe that there are so many people out there with such utter disregard for the (rapidly diminishing) wildlife on this planet.

Sad that my grandson may only ever get to see pictures of some these animals.

Mike

Jan 27, 2012 at 08:51 AM
robin4est

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Hunting in Africa is usually done in the areas between national parks and encroaching civilization. It produces revenue for the government and keeps poachers at bay. While some would like to blame hunting for the destruction of wildlife, loss of habitat is a far greater threat.
You don't know who produced the video or the provenance of the photos, but it does make good propaganda.
The leopard shot is great.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

The eyes in your shot are mesmerizing , wonderful capture! Can't bring myself to watch to video. I have no problem with hunting, if it is for food. Hunting for sport , to hang a trophy on the wall , not my thing.

Birdie

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Great shot of the Leopard Eric! That is how Africa should be making money off of their wildlife!

Tim

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM
blueimage
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Eric, that is one awesome Leopard image! Yep, that video is depressing - canned hunts are not hunting - they are killing for the ego, by the most insecure amongst us. They should not be confused with hunting by traditional and ethical persons.
Jim

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM
B Benson
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

First Eric your shot of the Leopard is beautiful. It is two bad that the hunters don't realize they can have just as much fun by photographing the animals. Bruce

Jan 27, 2012 at 01:40 PM
Martin Good
• • • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Great shot of the Leopard Eric! That is how Africa should be making money off of their wildlife!
+1
Martin

Jan 27, 2012 at 02:20 PM
DonGut
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

You nailed the eyes on that cat. I can't watch the video either. I think "big game" hunting in Africa is wrong, any way it is done. FYI: Botswana is getting out of the hunting "business" completely. Don

Jan 27, 2012 at 02:25 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Thank you to all who commented...and to those who didn't but did take the time to watch the video...thank you as well. If you didn't watch please do....
When you have been in the presence of such magnificent creatures in the wild it is incomprehensible that one would want to end their life with a bullet or arrow. I understand that allowing hunting on private land rather than turning it into farms does prevent loss of habitat but that doesn't excuse shooting giraffes from helicopter (I guess it's ok if you are Sara Palin), killing eles and shooting defenseless cats trapped in an enclosure.
Wouldn't it be a shame not to be able to see this?
Eric
http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Leopards/i-XzVZZzG/0/X2/DPP07DB0612170F22leopardonbran-X2.jpg

Jan 27, 2012 at 05:54 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

excellent cat images Eric

Jan 27, 2012 at 06:16 PM
jbledsoe
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

This is not hunting, and sad that it's legal.

This is mostly the wealthy doing the trophy hunting, although I'm sure some others would if they had the means. This isn't for the meat or to manage game populations, it's just sick and should be illegal. We might not be able to do anything about the laws in Africa, but we could deal with it the same way we do with our citizens who go abroad to exploit the child sex trade. Make it illegal regardless where the act is performed and prosecute our citizens who do it anyhow.

Jan 27, 2012 at 09:45 PM
mweddle
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

I don't have a problem with hunting, I actually grew up doing it and still do. For me, though, photography is the same thing, minus the food payoff. I think, for me, it is just the feeling of being out in nature and appreciating what is around me. Sometimes I even take my camera along with my gun.

Jan 27, 2012 at 09:52 PM
KWeck
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Thats NOT hunting, thats just sick and no way can anyone justify that.. !!! Terrible in everyway.....

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM
mweddle
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Just to clarify, I'm not condoning anything remotely like that. Things like that video are not hunting, they're just sick slaughtering for lazy, rich people who don't have any respect for animals.

Jan 28, 2012 at 01:34 AM
Sirfishalot
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Beautiful images Eric.
So sad to see and know there are many people who would partake in such atrocious and senseless violence against a living creature. So very pathetic.

JayT

Jan 28, 2012 at 03:53 AM
gsmani
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Great shot Eric. Some one should tell these folks to shoot with a camera.

Jan 28, 2012 at 08:37 AM
sevan pulurian
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Is this Africa...no its hell!

Thanks for sharing Eric, WOW! That's an intense video. One day this little thing called Karma will come to hunt these A holes.

Sevan

Jan 28, 2012 at 02:02 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.